Touring Muffler position

I could do this for you, but I have D&D pipes. But I'm pretty sure the are exactly the same od and mount in the stock location.

Now here's something interesting.
Jim, your D&D pipes, what is the diameter of these ? I would think that they are possible 4"
The stock Mufflers are some odd size, I did measure them (can't remember right at present) but think they were about 4¼" or something like that.
Your measurement of 16 3/16" would indicate a smaller diameter muffler compared to Norms TORS (I think) spaced at about 15" :unsure:

Jim, your D&D pipes, what is the diameter of these ? I would think that they are possible 4"
The stock Mufflers are some odd size, I did measure them (can't remember right at present) but think they were about 4¼" or something like that.
Your measurement of 16 3/16" would indicate a smaller diameter muffler compared to Norms TORS (I think) spaced at about 15" :unsure:
Mine are TORs

Stock pipes from the factory.
Well that sucks trying to measure a round pipe.

A=15 3/8 at the end of the pipe in the middle.
B=1 7/8
C=2 3/8 to center

You probably have about 1/8th to play with on B & C
If someone wants to check me great.

Last edited:
Thanks Billy.

I just checked the measurement of the Stock Mufflers, 106mm Dia, that's about 3/16' over 4" :confused:

How do they (Triumph) come up with odd ball numbers like this ?

Thanks Billy.

I just checked the measurement of the Stock Mufflers, 106mm Dia, that's about 3/16' over 4" :confused:

How do they (Triumph) come up with odd ball numbers like this ?

I did not have a metric tape. LOL

These measurements are from a stock 2015 touring model.

Ok just measured the D&D's 4 inches
Stock pipes at 4 1/8 inches
Also their is plenty of play on the mounting brackets with oblong holes. So I may be a little out of square with the bike and that would throw off measurement A and that would throw off measurement B

Also measuring with a tape not calipers wil make me a bit off also.

I also think their may be a tolerance issue with mounting all the way around, a little bit here a little bit there and next thing you know + or _ 1/2 inch or so with the length of the cans a little bit goes a long way!

Back