Tourer sits too high for my short legs.

I cut my seat pan too to get it as far back as I could and cut some holes in it too. When I first got the bike the seat was extremely uncomfortable for me. The stock cover is really stretchy so it stretches into the bucket when I sit in it. I took quite a bit of material off so the stitch lines don't match up with the padding any more. I might play with different foam in the future. Once I get it to where I want it I'll get it covered in leather. I also removed the rear rubber spacers and the crossbar so the only thing holding my seat on is the rear bolt.
20180301_194519.jpg

Think the issue is mines a tourer and it sits about 2” + higher than the other two styles, which I never knew at the time lol

Think the issue is mines a tourer and it sits about 2” + higher than the other two styles, which I never knew at the time lol
Mark it down to where you want it, cut it down with a seraded blade and shape with the grinder and sanding disk. Or pay the seat guy to do the same thing.

The only way out of this predicament as I see it is this. Twice weekly sessions with Madame Whiplash and her rack. Give it a month or two and the bike will fit your new elevated stature! Simples.. and you get whipped, beaten and called naughty names into the bargain! Problem solved!!:evil::evil:

Hi guys, I have a rocket111 tourer, which sits too tall for me! I have sat on a classic and a roadster and I’m flat footed, but on the tourer I’m on my toes. Can I use rear suspension from the other two bikes to lower height assuming they will fit hole mounting centres? Thanks in advance Rod.

And back to original question - no, changing to Classic, Roadster Shocks will not change the height of your Touring as they are the same stock shock length 12.5" The earlier R3 models may have been a tad shorter at 12.0" stock. The later Roadster ones are supposedly a softer more comfortable ride so the earlier bikes must be even MORE horrible to ride. 1st thing I did was upgrade suspension front and rear in my Roadster and you have cheaper and better front end options from RaceTech too with damper emulators and spring/oil upgrade for Tourings.

Please note even with an improved aftermarket but shorter shock you will get a worse ride than a similar quality longer shock as the spring has far less travel available to absorb the same loads/forces.

The only way out of this predicament as I see it is this. Twice weekly sessions with Madame Whiplash and her rack. Give it a month or two and the bike will fit your new elevated stature! Simples.. and you get whipped, beaten and called naughty names into the bargain! Problem solved!!:evil::evil:
Think my wife would have a different approach lol

And back to original question - no, changing to Classic, Roadster Shocks will not change the height of your Touring as they are the same stock shock length 12.5" The earlier R3 models may have been a tad shorter at 12.0" stock. The later Roadster ones are supposedly a softer more comfortable ride so the earlier bikes must be even MORE horrible to ride. 1st thing I did was upgrade suspension front and rear in my Roadster and you have cheaper and better front end options from RaceTech too with damper emulators and spring/oil upgrade for Tourings.

Please note even with an improved aftermarket but shorter shock you will get a worse ride than a similar quality longer shock as the spring has far less travel available to absorb the same loads/forces.
Think I’ll just ride it till I tame her

Back