Tourer sits too high for my short legs.

As stated earlier the R3 and Roadsters have very wide seats at the front forcing legs further apart and removing leg extension and clearance. I have a custom Russell DayLong seat re-manufactured with the stock seat base. They substantially narrow the front and it is REALLY noticeable even though at 6'1" I had no difficulty being flat footed on both feet now I am the same with bent knees still.
The other advantage of a Daylong is they install a flat transverse cross spring which distributes your weight across your arse and is the secret to their fame.

The Touring has a narrower rear frame rails than the Roadster and R3 Stds etc. to go with the narrower rear wheel, so should benefit as much or more.

Yes you can swap for shorter shocks. it will change your clearance slightly + you may have to realign your headlight settings.

"Slightly"??? :eek:
My name is Steve and I have a 29" inseam . . . :D
Shortly after purchase of my new motor in 2012, I tried 11½ inch Hagon Nitros to lower the seat.
The sucker drug everything at the slightest curve! :thumbsdown:
I was able to pawn them off to my M8 Tony @Mittzy shortly after purchase. :rolleyes: :inlove
After riding with them for awhile, he did the same. :p :roll:
If ya ride VERY conservatively and re-route all the wiring under the rear fender, it could possibly work for you. :whitstling:

The only way out of this predicament as I see it is this. Twice weekly sessions with Madame Whiplash and her rack. Give it a month or two and the bike will fit your new elevated stature! Simples.. and you get whipped, beaten and called naughty names into the bargain! Problem solved!!:evil::evil:
Contact info please! :D

Same height as me. I got the lower progressive shocks fitted, helped a bit. I then cut some foam out of the stock seat helped a lot. By the way I do have a Classic not a tourer. I later got a custom seat, smaller front tyre, now fully flat footed with a bend at the knees.

Back