I guess it may be just me but I don't give a rat's ass what another guy/gal rides. My only business is making me happy. I ride a Honda Valk and my '06 Rocket for me, not others. That said I do get a lot of looks from other riders at the rare event I may attend. As for others not wanting to sit on my bike, dude, I don't want others sitting on my bike or having a go with my wife. It just isn't proper.

I guess it may be just me but I don't give a rat's ass what another guy/gal rides. My only business is making me happy. I ride a Honda Valk and my '06 Rocket for me, not others. That said I do get a lot of looks from other riders at the rare event I may attend. As for others not wanting to sit on my bike, dude, I don't want others sitting on my bike or having a go with my wife. It just isn't proper.

I don't give a rat's ass what anyone else rides either, but I despise the attitude that many (if not most) Harley riders have against riders of other makes. They act like every other make is inferior just because they paid twice as much for their Harleys, when in reality it's their rides that are inferior...higher price does not equal a better machine...all they're paying for is a name and an image....

I don't rip Harleys too much. I actually quite like a few of the sportsters and dynas (though at 6'2" few sportsters fit me). I still think they've hamstrung themselves with a dead-end engine design though. Big air cooled vtwins are the proverbial dead-man-walking. Yes, I know they've tried (vrods, the new 750/500 street models) but their customers seem to be having none of it.

One thing they do way better than pretty much any other bike manufacturer is paint. I think it's ridiculous that no one else offers more than one or maybe two colors/schemes for a given model of bike, while HD lets you pick from an even dozen or so...plus provisions for additional choices via special/custom orders, iirc. I mean, how badass would an R3R be decked out in British racing green with a solid white or checkerboard stripe down the center?

Many say this engine design is antiquated or "dead end". It is not the most complex engine by far on the market but I know of many guys personally that have hung six figure mileage on their big twins with proper maintenance. I have witnessed burn out competitions (a dumb practice in my opinion) where guys banged off their rev limiters for literally minutes on end until the back tire shredded and never seen a engine blow first, tho I am sure it has happened. Are they too expensive? YUP. Does HD cut corners on important bearings etc? YUP...Stupidly and at their own peril. However at its core if maintained somewhat respectfully this motor and tranny are good equipment, not Honda good, but I dare say Triumph good, Moto Guzzi good etc and way better than some ( Ural, Royal Enfield etc.) When I had Corvettes for years the argument was that the Chevy 2 valve V8 was a relic that would not continue to be competitive against the complex motors from competitors. However at a WAY lower price it is competitive with cars costing many times more and soundly whips many. Check out track times on the latest ZR1. I love the conversation, love the passion of motorheads. Love my new TR3t, wish they would finish getting it tuned because it is riding weather and I want to ride the big girl...

After riding a 2010 fatboy for the last five years (still have it) and racking up 85,000 miles on it. My take on the Harley crowd and image is rather bias. They are a $ucking joke. I like Harley's for what they are. The vast majority of the people who ride them are clowns. Now days my favorite comment when I am out and about and run across MR biker is " Really you own a Harley those are nice bikes kind of small but nice"
Tell me what you really think...:)

I have friends at the local Harley shop its funny that the Harley owners think they are all that they are different and I know guys that went from sport bikes to HD and they turn into Big mouth Bad guys they act like they are gang members and they even dress the part with the 1% er costumes they grow beards and wear only head bands and $10 novelty helmets covered with YOU SUCK and **** YOU etc. etc. stickers oh and then they get the tattoos all over along with piercings, earrings,and muscle shirts and then they talk tough and drink heavily riding from bar to bar while drunk of course THEN they want to do burnouts when they leave the bar after hours of drinking and pukeing and craping themselves I LOVE HARLEY GUYS LOL
Thanks that was too funny, literally, LOL. Well I did say I have thick skin but ****!!! :)

Valk riders are about the most dedicated to their make/model of any I have known. I want to ride one and perhaps add a nice example to my family.

Valk riders are about the most dedicated to their make/model of any I have known. I want to ride one and perhaps add a nice example to my family.
I had a 2000 Valkyrie Interstate that I adored. It was big, comfortable, super dependable, fast, powerful, full of torque, and has the best looking fairing of any touring bike in my opinion. Sadly I sold it to a local cop I know because he continued to pester me to sell it to him. One day he showed me a pile of Ben Franklin's that I couldn't say no to any longer. I see him on it once in awhile and offer to but it back but he says no.

Valkyries are a nice bike would have bought one but you can not rig them with heel-toe shifters a necessity for me my left foot is fused together.

I don't give a rat's ass what anyone else rides either, but I despise the attitude that many (if not most) Harley riders have against riders of other makes. They act like every other make is inferior just because they paid twice as much for their Harleys, when in reality it's their rides that are inferior...higher price does not equal a better machine...all they're paying for is a name and an image....

So basically you're saying that you don't mind what anyone rides as long as they don't feel or act as if they feel it's a better bike than yours?
Presumably even Harley riders didn't set out tp buy what they thought was inferior. Now if they bought their Harley on the basis that it's the biggest, fastest, best handling bike around, then they're idiots. But they are allowed to love them.
if you want to see real puke making bias, check out the M109 forum. Makes you want to not be like that (ie this).

So basically you're saying that you don't mind what anyone rides as long as they don't feel or act as if they feel it's a better bike than yours?
Presumably even Harley riders didn't set out tp buy what they thought was inferior. Now if they bought their Harley on the basis that it's the biggest, fastest, best handling bike around, then they're idiots. But they are allowed to love them.
if you want to see real puke making bias, check out the M109 forum. Makes you want to not be like that (ie this).

They can feel any way they want, it's the I-wouldn't-give-you-the-time-of-day attitude that comes from a lot of the Harley guys if you don't ride a Harley that I don't like, and you can't say they don't act this way (unless you live under a mushroom)...I would never act that way towards anyone regardless of what they ride...

Back