CanberraR3

Living Legend
Ride
Triumphs, but no Rocket just now.
Got TORS fitted yesterday. With Staintune collector it's a bit louder than I was expecting - but that's a positive. Haven't rung it's neck yet but it's running beautifully and clearly there's a lot more there. As for the pops and burbles; I love that! Roll on the weekend!!

Dealer 'lent' me a T'Bird for the day (altho he did charge me $11). He initially offered me some little blue sport bike and I joking said "why not the T'Bird". He said why not indeed! Pays to ask. I seriously considered a T'Bird before I bought the RIII. That was when I had the diluded view that I didn't "need" all that size and power. The T'Bird is a beautiful machine; looks great and handles like nothing else I've ever ridden. But it doesn't go and I've even gone off the riding position, which is not as good as on an America/Speedmaster or the Rocket for that matter.

The T'Bird is a thing of beauty and a bike to appreciate but IMO not one that would make me feel good like the Rocket does - every time I ride it.

Have you retuned the bike since you put the freeflowing crossover on. My bike went real lean. I have the triples also and when I put the x-over on I went froman A/F of 13.1 to over 16.5 . That is gettining dangerously lean.

Triumph dealer fitted them and did a retune. Owner rides an RIII himself with Staintune system and well understands. Mechanic has a pretty hot Thruxton and told me he thought he'd got the best out of the set up. I'm a tinkerer rather than an mechanic so have to take their word for it. Feels like they did a good job though as it's running smoothly and pulls like a train - plus I have confidence in them.

Having said that, are there things I should look out for in case it is running lean?

Back