How to remove the torsional damper bearings..

ant

Turbocharged
Ride
Triumph rocket 3 2007
I am looking for any advice please on removing the torsional damper bearings...Just wait for a 35mm socket to arrive....How much is the spring compressed ???
There is a dodgy video of someone and their bad attempt resulting with parts flying everywhere..
WP_20210124_001.jpg WP_20210124_002.jpg WP_20210124_003.jpg

Looks like the bearing was fitted incorrectly.... :banghead:

A little information here...

and

Looks like @Rocket Scientist is your man and, of course, @warp9.9

I have a mate with a garage and he lets me use his press...Got the 35mm socket now so will have a look at loosening the nut..:mad:
Believe I used a deep well socket and an air impact gun. Took the shaft to a shop and they pressed old bearing off and new bearing on.

According to the manual;

1611869320754.png

But my experience with the one of these i did, was that i removed the circlip etc, and set the assembly down, it let a shot and the damper sleeve and thrust washer jumped across the bench

1611869480191.png

Advice would be to put the bearings on the right way round :)

Update.
Held the shaft in a vice with soft wood on the jaws...The nut has been removed it was tight but not 185 Nm tight i would say..
Pulled the bearing with 3 leg puller and it came off no problem.
Now the other bearing is held in place with a circlip then a cover that holds in place a couple of clips...
I am sure that the spring is under some tension so i think that i will need to make something to compress the spring
slightly...Then i can safely remove the old bearing and fit the new one.

According to the manual;

1611869320754.png

But my experience with the one of these i did, was that i removed the circlip etc, and set the assembly down, it let a shot and the damper sleeve and thrust washer jumped across the bench

1611869480191.png

Advice would be to put the bearings on the right way round :)
Thank you for your reply...The manual that i have for some reason doesn't have this section.....Maybe i need to find this copy.
I did find a video on youtube with a guy removing the clips and the parts flying off..The problem might be getting the new bearing on
because of the spring tension.
How did you get the shaft back together..

Back