TORS and Ramair - need a tune that's in-between...

If the O2 sensor is removed and unchecked in TuneEcu, is there any benefit of installing a sensor eliminator? Or if you install the eliminator, shouldn't the O2 box remain checked?

If the O2 sensor is removed and unchecked in TuneEcu, is there any benefit of installing a sensor eliminator? Or if you install the eliminator, shouldn't the O2 box remain checked?

Yes, when you install O2 eliminator you still want to uncheck the O2 box in TuneEcu

EastTex, Again many thanks for the tune. Man what a difference!
Question: what are your thoughts on removing the secondaries with this tune?

EastTex, Again many thanks for the tune. Man what a difference!
Question: what are your thoughts on removing the secondaries with this tune?

You're welcome brother. But the real thanks goes to HansO!!!!!
I didn't remove my secondaries - there are many posts on this site with some pro, some con - So............ :thumbsup: :thumbsdown: o_O
Personally I don't think it necessary because even if you remove the flap plate, the mount bar is still there to restrict :whitstling:

You're welcome brother. But the real thanks goes to HansO!!!!!
I didn't remove my secondaries - there are many posts on this site with some pro, some con - So............ :thumbsup: :thumbsdown: o_O
Personally I don't think it necessary because even if you remove the flap plate, the mount bar is still there to restrict :whitstling:

I agree, I plan on PMing Hans0 to personally thank him.

I too am confused be the somewhat split jury on removing the secondaries.The only thing I have noticed is that after installing the triple K&Ns, I get an annoying chirping out of the throttles. It goes away when I go WOT, so I thought if there is no chance of a performance hit (or better yet, a gain), I'd take the butterflies out.

But then I read a thread from a guy with triple K&Ns that said the chirping STARTED after removing the secondaries.

I think I am going to leave well enough alone and enjoy riding without tinkering for a while!

I agree, I plan on PMing Hans0 to personally thank him.

I too am confused be the somewhat split jury on removing the secondaries.The only thing I have noticed is that after installing the triple K&Ns, I get an annoying chirping out of the throttles. It goes away when I go WOT, so I thought if there is no chance of a performance hit (or better yet, a gain), I'd take the butterflies out.

But then I read a thread from a guy with triple K&Ns that said the chirping STARTED after removing the secondaries.

I think I am going to leave well enough alone and enjoy riding without tinkering for a while!

That's not chirping. That's the T/B's saying: FEED ME!!!!!! :thumbsup:

No, you can't use the map for @Nogrey 2012 model in your 2005 model! :thumbsdown:

@Jabo75 PM me your email address & I will send you the map HansO provided me - should not make any difference with K&N's vs RamAir - Our setup is virtually the same :thumbsup: :)
Would you send me that map as well dtoney70@gmail.com triple k and n cat box delete and TORS I've got decel pop on the MAP I have now

All read what croft said on the second page of this thread.
His comment regarding dyno testing the bike is certainly spot on. However, I disagree on it being too "dangerous". Some members, like me, do not have reasonable access to a dyno. Loading a carefully selected tune may cause some issues, but as long as we are selective and somewhat cautious, as well as perceptive (knowing what types of symptoms result from being too lean or rich, as well as the issues that can result from those issues), we can always restore to a prior working tune. I can tell you with absolute certainty that the current tune in my bike is making it run better than it ever has run, including when it was brand new.

Back