TORS and Ramair - need a tune that's in-between...

Nogrey

.040 Over
Ride
2012 Triumph Rocket III Roadster, 1997 Valk Tourer
OK, so hope this doesn't offend anyone's sensibilities. I recently put TORs pipes and a Ramaire filter on my '12 R3. I got a tune for that combo and though I really like the power, I miss the economy I had. I'm not complaining, just curious if there is an "in-between" map. It would be great to have a map without the limiters on each gear, but perhaps not the amount of fuel that pours into it with a TORs tune. Not sure I'm explaining this well. Is there anyone who has the tune that Triumph would put into it with a TORs upgrade installed by a dealer?

OK, so hope this doesn't offend anyone's sensibilities. I recently put TORs pipes and a Ramaire filter on my '12 R3. I got a tune for that combo and though I really like the power, I miss the economy I had. I'm not complaining, just curious if there is an "in-between" map. It would be great to have a map without the limiters on each gear, but perhaps not the amount of fuel that pours into it with a TORs tune. Not sure I'm explaining this well. Is there anyone who has the tune that Triumph would put into it with a TORs upgrade installed by a dealer?
Your tune is probably rich.

Drop a line to Hanso, I'm sure he will have a tune to suit............

I'm in the same predicament as you. Was running ramair with a lean tune from hanso before I installed my TOR and reloaded the TOR tune last Sunday. Could immediately feel the change in performance but the big drop in mileage too.

I'm probably going to wait out to see what's the real drop in mileage before I decide what I'll do. I don't trust the reading on my meter as I've a dodgy fuel level sensor.

Anyway enjoy the power for now!

The stock 2012 tor tunes are restricted by closing the secondaries. You can unrestrict them by copying the secondaries table from a new tor tune into the old tune. The ramair will need more fuel mainly at higher rpm. You really need a custom tune for it to run efficiently. Easiest thing to do is remove the ramair and use the unrestricted version of the tor tune.

I am running a RamAir and TORS on my '13 R3T and I get about 27-30mpg. My tune has been tweaked on the dyno so I know it is about as good as it will get (tune and mileage). I am reasonably happy with the gas mileage because my truck and car get 14-16. My commute consists of about 6 miles of a secondary road, 6 miles of interstate and then another 6 miles of driving through town. I can't remember my mileage for road trips but I am sure if I putted along with the V2s it would be better than what I get when riding with another Rocket or 3. ;)

One thing about my tune, the secondarys are not open 100% from the get go. IIRC they are at about 87% in 1st then open wide. I will look at the tune later when I get home to make sure.

bob

Please..... :thumbsup: I have a 2005 with ram air and TOR's and would like to update my tune but can't seem to find someone local to dyno this bike. the dealer wants to put a power commander with autotune on it. I have Tune ECU and have update to my map a few time but seem to be a little lean at times. thank you in advance....:)

Please..... :thumbsup: I have a 2005 with ram air and TOR's and would like to update my tune but can't seem to find someone local to dyno this bike. the dealer wants to put a power commander with autotune on it. I have Tune ECU and have update to my map a few time but seem to be a little lean at times. thank you in advance....:)

I have an 05 with RamAir & TOR's also. I recently put a wonderful tune from Hanso on it........ Holy Shat! no power commander needed!
P/M me your email address & I'll send it to you

And put your location info in your Avatar block...... Please :thumbsup:

Back