TORS and Ramair - need a tune that's in-between...

Yes, it is possible to get the bike to run better, I agree, but looking at this thread as a whole, the trend is to willy nilly poke stuff into ones bike. No disrespect to Hans or any of the other guys, but I often see the other side of what happens doing this style of tuning. It is important to remember that all bikes are not the same, all fuel is not the same, all exhausts/ air filters/combinations etc etc. One is taking a risk just poking a tune in from another bike. That is fine it is your bike and you paid for it, but be aware.

Yes, it is possible to get the bike to run better, I agree, but looking at this thread as a whole, the trend is to willy nilly poke stuff into ones bike. No disrespect to Hans or any of the other guys, but I often see the other side of what happens doing this style of tuning. It is important to remember that all bikes are not the same, all fuel is not the same, all exhausts/ air filters/combinations etc etc. One is taking a risk just poking a tune in from another bike. That is fine it is your bike and you paid for it, but be aware.
Fair enough. I agree that without taking a logical and incremental approach, one can certainly do harm. And I appreciate your experience with he bad side of what can happen. Thanks for sharing your concerns. They definitely need to be factored in when attempting to load a new tune.

Alright, looking at the DynoJet site, I see a number of installations around me (though I note already a couple of the listed locations are no longer in business) -- how to find out which of these, if any, are where I would take the Rocket to have the correct tune made ? How vet these folks ?

I absolutely respect & agree with @Neville Lush that it is risky & maybe no one knows more than he, but like @Jabo75 & many others we do not have a tuner that can use TuneEcu. Hard to believe as big as Texas is I can't find one :(
That being said, it is less risky than running Ramair n Tors with a lean stock tune ;)

Alright, looking at the DynoJet site, I see a number of installations around me (though I note already a couple of the listed locations are no longer in business) -- how to find out which of these, if any, are where I would take the Rocket to have the correct tune made ? How vet these folks ?
Just remember, even if you find someone to dyno you, they may not be willing to use TuneECU to edit the maps. It's my understanding that some of the dyno guys won't use TuneECU because they can't run it while the bike is running. All of the edits have to be made while the bike is off, then uploaded to the ECU. You definitely want to confirm their willingness to use the tool you're using to tune the bike before you make a trip to the dyno.

That's interesting. What does it matter that they use my tool. Wouldn't they have their own ? Why do we have to have the same ?

That's interesting. What does it matter that they use my tool. Wouldn't they have their own ? Why do we have to have the same ?
Well, that's my point. The odds of you finding a dyno shop that has the necessary tools to optimize a Triumph are, well, pretty slim. There's a dyno shop about 30 miles from me, but they will only tune bikes that they have the tools for (mainly Harleys). I have read on this forum about others bringing TuneECU with them, and the dyno shop not wanting to use it for the aforementioned reason. I do believe that TuneBoy will allow editing the maps without shutting down the bike, but I can't confirm it since I don't use it.

Clint, Question for ya. What kid of mileage are you getting? With my prior tune, I got around 30mpg. With this tune, I got 22.5 mpg off the last tank. I'm not complaining because I have been on her a bit hard (trying to make the **** chirping stop :):):)). Really I have been having fun with it since the bike has never been this responsive. That siad, just wondering what kind of mileage to expect once i stop twisting my throttle clockwise as far as it will go.

Back