TORs and Crossover install...Questions...Help

My bike is dyno tuned for the Ramair and dp outlaws , when I run it down hard I get some proper bangs and gurt big blue flashes . I love it ! :sneaky: :)

Ok... time for an update. I just got back from my first ride and my thought was... pretty loud. It sounds like a tuned up sports car with the top down. A deep throaty sound and pretty *****in when you crank on the throttle. Way more barky than I expected. I finally adjusted to the change as I settled into a nice note at highway speed. I think I like it, but way different than what it was before. As for deceleration pop, all I hear is the put, put..put, put, put you would expect from a more open exhaust when you decel

Now I haven't change the tune from the Derestricting tune, but I swear the bike is more vicious than it ever was before. I dumped the throttle in the first three gears and it was hold on tight for the ride. Reports have it the PB crossover adds 3 more ponies but it could just be a reduction in weight as well. It will take a little adjusting to but I don't think I'm going to be returning it back to what it was. Next stop... the Ramair and a different tune, but I think I'll just adjust to it and enjoy it for right now

On one more note, my new Bridgestone Excedra Max is great. It feels good to have one back on the bike. I swear the Metzler was badly cupped when I took it off with only 4K on it giving me a rough ride. Finally smooth again at 85 mph. I love the BEM on the rear tire.

Ok... time for an update. I just got back from my first ride and my thought was... pretty loud. It sounds like a tuned up sports car with the top down. A deep throaty sound and pretty *****in when you crank on the throttle. Way more barky than I expected. I finally adjusted to the change as I settled into a nice note at highway speed. I think I like it, but way different than what it was before. As for deceleration pop, all I hear is the put, put..put, put, put you would expect from a more open exhaust when you decel

Now I haven't change the tune from the Derestricting tune, but I swear the bike is more vicious than it ever was before. I dumped the throttle in the first three gears and it was hold on tight for the ride. Reports have it the PB crossover adds 3 more ponies but it could just be a reduction in weight as well. It will take a little adjusting to but I don't think I'm going to be returning it back to what it was. Next stop... the Ramair and a different tune, but I think I'll just adjust to it and enjoy it for right now

On one more note, my new Bridgestone Excedra Max is great. It feels good to have one back on the bike. I swear the Metzler was badly cupped when I took it off with only 4K on it giving me a rough ride. Finally smooth again at 85 mph. I love the BEM on the rear tire.

Yeeahh Decel pop is kool. It is a British thing. My decel pop tune from HansO smells stinky rich. Don't light a match near my exhaust !:laugh:!

Like Nat67 said. With an ABS setup, I remove one of those little screws, and slide the spacer out, before I even remove the wheel. Makes it a lot easier out and in.:inlove

I'm definitely am going to put that in my "to do" list as it was problematic I noticed getting the wheel out as well. I can't believe they would design it that tight. The only bright side is I should be good for at least a year now. Sadly, I may be 73 next time. Maybe I should have said... I'll put that on my "bucket list". :banghead::eek:

Bedifferent, "Good on you!" I'm looking at 69 in Sept, and doing that rear wheel in and out thing, whops my butt big time!

Since I am older than almost everyone I work with... this is a GREAT place to hang out and be the 'Youngin'... <he thought as he waited for his "Welcome to 50! ... doctor exam coming up :( >
-MIG

Since I am older than almost everyone I work with... this is a GREAT place to hang out and be the 'Youngin'... <he thought as he waited for his "Welcome to 50! ... doctor exam coming up :( >
-MIG
Well at 51 I can hoik that wheel in and out just fine . It's funny , I took it to the tyre fitter the last time , opened the van door with one hand and reached in and picked up the wheel with the other . I passed it nonchalantly to the fitter who took it and darn near collapsed ! :laugh:

Back