Jamie

Living Legend
Rocket Science has been a foster home to me for 18 months now. I am afraid I am not fidgety enough, nor witty --or just mentally available-- enough, to contribute both here and there. How are some of you, "old guards" , coping with the dilemma? Thanks:cool:

Me too, I am finding it easier to stick to the tried and true Rats nest with a few visits to see "sluty stuffed shirt" and his crims from the motherland every now and then!

Personally... I drink lots of whiskey...

You could post in one and copy it to the other??? You don't have to post in each forum every day... well except for Hondax. He seems to be compelled by a higher power. Just post when you can or when you want to... don't turn it into work...

You don't have to post in each forum every day... well except for Hondax. He seems to be compelled by a higher power. Just post when you can or when you want to... don't turn it into work...

LOL....speaks volumes for my social life. Being a Poultry farmer and primary worker, I'm forced to stay close during certain times of the flock. As you can guess by my activities on the forums this is one of those times. Can't do much anymore at my neighbors until the damage assessors get there but this weekend will be a major effort at cleaning debris from his fields, weather permitting.

As the chrome on the Rocket dulls from over polish and the red paint just doesn't put the glint in the ol eye, I'm sure I'll settle into a routine. Personally I am torn between the two sites. I've cut way back on R3.com posts lately and i think that trend will continue.

I have oodles of nervous energy so I need both forums to act as relief valves. Well time to post at the TRat so goodbye!:D

Imagine

In the sentiment of the late John Lennon's Imagine.......

What if there were no countries and no religions too? Nothing to kill and die for............

What if there were only one Rocket Forum in the English speaking internet world, a place where all Rocket owners could participate in peace.

Yeah, Yeah, I know, will never happen............There could be heaven on earth too, if people had the right principles.............The devil's words are too strong, "You only live once, grab what you can".

Anyway, I would just like to congradulate and thank WEBMASTER SHAWN, without whom none of these (T-rat, R3.com, R3.net) would exist.

T-rat was the spawning ground. A place where Rocket men and women gathered and developed into a community with a special flavor.

Whether it was because Shawn is not a Rocket Rider himself, or other factors in his personality, that stiffled that special flavor does not really matter. His actions caused an exodus from the spawning ground. A search for a new home, which eventually led to R3.com.

And now another R3, the .net, more division when we really should have unity.............

At least we are free to participate in any or all of them as we choose (except for the banned ones of course).

I think Jamie is merely covering his tracks. He is simply wanting to keep his old friends on standby here while he is out with his new 675 internet friends. Well Jamie, I see how it's going to be. Just remember we will always be here, but your new 675 friends won't, they will move on when the new liter class Triumph comes out, then where will you be, right back here with the good ol' stand byes, the R3 crowd.

Actually though, the more R3 sites the better. I will continue to contribute to all as long as I can help a fellow rocket owner out. It maybe takes a few extra minutes. But of course I don't have to check the 675 forums either. :D :D :D :D

Orge, you are 100% correct. If it wasn't for one person taking the initiative, many, many people wouldn't of have been brought together in the first place. I wonder how many bikes these sites have sold for Triumph?

Ha!! You don't know whether to love him or hate him... Shawn that is! Personally I think it is natural progresssion. There is probably half a dozen R3 sites or more out there... In Spanish, Japanese, German etc... If Shawn had not chucked a wobbly, someone else would have and we would still have spin off sites! Certainly I am not trying to justify his actions. I am one of the few who visit the three sites now because I am more interested in the bike than the politics. You just have to pace yourself and pick out the one or two threads in each Forum you are really interested in.

SteveRed said:
Ha!! You don't know whether to love him or hate him... Shawn that is!

No reflection on you Stevo but a lot has been said about Shawn and a lot of garbage has been heaped upon "the fence-sitters" that don't openly condemn him. Speaking only for myself, although I might kid around at times, I hold no malice against someone who holds no malice agin me so I have great trouble working up a "rage" against him. If anyone has a problem with that, it's theirs not mine!

Last edited:
Back