Appreciate that BillMac.
Me and the neighbor were outside standing in the middle of the road,
he said he'd never seen a tornado, I told him to hang on a minute or two.
Sure enough it topped the hill west of town.
looked like it was headed about 3/4 mile north of me so,
I went inside and went to bed.
I'm blessed...thank you Jesus.

+1.....................................on the last line.

Um... I don't want to be a downer about this, but it's not tornado season. That starts in June.:eek::eek::eek:

I have a 'safe' room in my house (the only house in Kansas without a basement:eek:) that's reinforced concrete (walls and roof) with a steel door. My wife calls it 'the pantry' because we have enough stuff to last a month in there and its just off the kitchen. Oh wait, that IS a pantry.

I think you have hurricane season confused with the tornado season. Hurricane season is officially from June 1st thru my birthday on November 30th.

Tornado season is supposed to be from March thru June with a likely secondary occurence starting in November. This season supposedly started off a little slow but the last week has seen it redouble it's efforts to get back on track.

Hopefully they'll miss you...unfortunately you don't get much warning unlike a hurricane.

All we ever get around here are sand tornadoes and they are not that bad...usually small and if they run into something solid (like a wall of Hesco barriers or T-Walls) they usually dissapate. I did see one at Lagman when I was there in 09 that jumped the wall and threw a lot of stuff around...nothing too serious but it wasn't the usual type we see here.

Stay safe.

Dennis

61 dtg Dubai
62 dtg Home for good!

Last edited:
Actually I'm correct. The times at which tornadoes can develop is anytime of the year. They become more prevalent starting in March. In Kansas they become a major nuisance starting in June when the first hot weather really hits. Therefore one twister in the month of March strolling through your backyard does not a season make. When they go dancing by twice a week, you're in the 'season.':eek:

BTW Molino Man that's a 'dust devil' not a tornado. They are spawned by rapidly rising hot air (not unlike my story telling).:D

TORNADO on ground in East Tennessee, pray for Rainman and STB, then us East of that.:(

Spoke with Rainman, still stormin there. Getting ready to crank up here. Several throughout the South. Calling back later. Tnado on ground in Madisonville. Hope this crap wears itself out before RAA VI.

Yeah...yeah...yeah...but in Afghanistan we call them dust tornados.

And maybe in Kansas...your season may seem to start in June but according to the "weather" gurus...tornado season starts in March. Just like hurricane season starts in June but usually you don't see too much heavy activity till August / September.

It is what it is.

Dennis

60 dtg Dubai
61 dtg Home for good!

Has anyone heard of spray trails? I overheard someone talking about them. Like a contrail from an airplain but chemicals added to them from our government to start cloud cover. Like the ones used in WWII.

Hoping to hear the all clear from our southern brothers and sisters. Tripp, Rainman & STB, Josey, etc. It was a hopeless feeling watching the tornado live on TV ripping through Birmingham.

Back