Good news, CadFather is safe and unscathed , as reported on over on .com!:cool:

Shyte, we had some very nasty super cells move thru my neck of the woods today. Tornado warnings 6-7 miles to our northwest and then an hour later about 10-15 miles to our northeast... too ****ed close for comfort!!!:eek:

Glad to hear that Cadfather is alive and well...does he say why he hardly visits here anymore?

Dennis

59 dtg Dubai
60 dtg Home for good!

I don't recall that he has, Dennis.

This certainly is the more civil, if not more urbane, of the two R3Owner's sites!

Would you like me to pass along a message to Joe for you?:confused:

Not really, I can always visit the site and say Hi...haven't been there in a long while...maybe they are saying the same thing about me:D.

He just used to post quite a bit and then he was gone...didn't really notice too much (lately) till his name was brought up about the tornados.

Glad to hear he is fine.

Dennis

59 dtg Dubai
60 dtg Home for good!

I grew up in Oklahoma and Kansas ... only left 13 years ago. Been in a few tornado's and even caught out in the open once. Funny thing though, tornado's never scared me all that much. I of course have respect for them, but could always either out run one or duck under ground. What scares the **** out of me is HAIL ... it comes from blue, grey or dark sky from seemingly nowhere. And you can't get away from it. Been in a few from golf ball to soft ball size and they are so LOUD and explosive that it's like a nightmare.
I was in a base ball size storm while in a car and had to sit inside while the car was destroyed. Never forget that sound ... it was like being attacked from all sides. The year before we moved to Delaware, a man and his dog were killed up the street in the park by hail from a blue sky. That storm totaled our cars and destroyed the roof on our house. Overland Park looked like a war zone that melted in hours.

Being stoned to death with ice would be a horrible way to die, I'm always a little paranoid about hail while traveling on the bike. We've out run tornado's in cars but there was always hail, that makes me nervous about being on the bike out on the road.

I sure hope the ride to Maggie Valley doesn't have any bad weather, that would suck. Cowering under an overpass is no fun.

Hellfire wrote: "I sure hope the ride to Maggie Valley doesn't have any bad weather, that would suck. Cowering under an overpass is no fun. "...hopefully there would be an overpass available when needed:D.

I hope you guys all have a safe trip...wish I could be there...even if it was only on the 'bird.

Dennis

58 dtg Dubai
59 dtg Home for good! In the 50's.

You guys ever hid under an overpass during a down pour? It would be a dry place to sit out the weather but for one thing .....

The **** tractor-trailers drag the rain under with them! :mad:

Back