To scared 2 ride his Rocket

Paul Hyland

Turbocharged
Was talking to my mom last night about our trip to the Dragon in May and she was telling me she brought her bike in for some service (vtx 1300) and saw this monster of a bike. She asked the salesman about it and said the owner had it 3 weeks and it scared him to ride it so he got rid of it. Curious about the bike I asked if she knew what it was and she said a Triumph something, I replied a Rocket she said yes and why in the world would anyone want to buy something like that. He he he No I haven't told her I bought one; I want it to be a surprise. :D

Mom: "Now Paulie you be careful out riding around on that monster machine. Your mother won't be able to keep up with you anymore"

Paul: " Ahh, geez mom, it's only a 1000cc's more than your ride."

Paul you must have a pretty cool mom.

Sorry

No tat's. She’s a farm girl, at 60 she still races and trains barrel horses.
Ya she's cool, her first vehicle was a 1960's something Honda 500 I believe. She is the one who taught me to ride both street and dirt bikes. She use to drive a Honda CBX 1100 now that was a bike I it's time.

If i did it right

Here is my mom with my oldest on her Bike. The other picture is her Husband with lucky

Neil&lucky on bike.jpg [/ATTACH]who loves to ride.

Attachments

• alyssa mom on bike.jpg
    alyssa mom on bike.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 63
Oh Yeah

Great story and even better to see a few pixs. It must have been fun growing up in a family that rides. My dad wanted a motorcycle sooooo bad when he was young but like so many others living through the depression.....he just couldn't afford it. Later in life he mentioned how much he would have loved to ride. I asked him if he still had the urge and his response was that he'd gotten too old and too feable to get out there and man handle the beast around the roads. He was 87 at the time so I understood his physical limits.

That Christmas, I was once again was trying to think of something to get him. He had everything he needed and most things he wanted. Then it came to me. I'll buy him a share of stock in HD. ( Forgive me but the R3 wasn't in existence at that time). When he received it he smiled and then started worrying about how he'd have to file another form every year for his taxes and where would he claim the interest earned and would he have to file proxy votes instead of attending shareholders meeting! I just looked at him and said, " Knowing HD, there probably won't be any profits to claim".

My uncle was in the Army Air Corps back at the end of the second big one stationed in Reinmain Germany. He bought an old motorcycle and spent most of his free time racing around Europe until he laid it down.

He left it sitting where it came to rest. Must'a been a Harley...;)

A friend of mine had a CBX and there is another friend of mine that is all he rode was CBX's they were very fast in there day kind of like the Rocket of today.

Freak

Back