Well I wussed out and took the tire in to have repaired from the inside. Got to thinking I'm not the only one who rides on this bike. Would really hate to bust up the misses over something that could be easily fixed. I talked to the guy where I buy my tires. He uses a patch with a plug attached to it that goes from the inside. He spoke with the people at Dunlop about using them on radial M/C tires and they gave him the OK. Can't see why it would be any different for a Bridgstone.

Good kit for the road!

Gonna do a real fix, or see if the plug goes the distance?
Fred for your own safety please remove that defective tyre and send it to me for the correct disposal.
Many years ago long before most of the members we have now had even heard of the Rocket I picked up a finish nail on my tyre with 400 miles on it of course my dealership said replace it so me being ever wise went to wallyworld picked up a $10 repair kit and the tyre lasted 9000 more miles

Fred, I know everyone will think I am deranged, but I have used this product many years with good results. My biggest concern has been rapid deflation at highway speeds. It is water soluble and not a mess when you change your tires. My tires run about 10 degrees cooler with this product and it seems to stop the 1 or 2 pound air loss that seems to creep up from time to time. This is not to replace proper repair but it has enabled me on several occasions to make it home or to a shop without the roadside heartache. Just from my experience.

http://www.ride-on.com/

The tire only has about 1000 miles on it. I never seem to get a flat on an old worn out POS tire. I'm probably going to see if it will hold up. Has anyone here ever had a rapid deflation on the back of a an R3 ? Did the beads stay on the rim ?

I've had a rapid deflation .. big bolt right through the back tyre at 90 kph. Tyre stayed on the rim but it was a real struggle getting the bike across two lanes to safety. Air was gone in seconds .. not in a hurry to experience it again. Personally I wouldn't f#ck around plugging a tyre (even a brand new one) after that experience.

So what does that stuff do to the rims Rolltide?
It has a rust inhibitor in it, I have never had any problems with pitting or any corrosion whatsoever. It is nothing like slime, which is a mess and for someone in dire straits in my opinion. If you receive a puncture you will find a small orange spot where it sealed which makes it tons easier to find the damage. Like TC mentioned the sudden deflation has always been a big concern. Does not affect my TPMS whatsoever, maybe I am too cautious, but it is the pits plugging the sucker in a driving rain. I use 8 oz in the front and 16 in the rear. I have never had any problems at all with the balance issue, in fact it seems to run smoother with it.

By the way they have a ding and dent section which is way cheaper than their retail, the ones I have bought that way, the bottles were perfect just a tad short of contents I always get an extra bottle and adjust accordingly.

Hope this helps!

Respectfully,
Greg

Well I wussed out and took the tire in to have repaired from the inside. Got to thinking I'm not the only one who rides on this bike. Would really hate to bust up the misses over something that could be easily fixed. I talked to the guy where I buy my tires. He uses a patch with a plug attached to it that goes from the inside. He spoke with the people at Dunlop about using them on radial M/C tires and they gave him the OK. Can't see why it would be any different for a Bridgstone.
i agree with you, I have plugged numerous tires on cars, trucks, heavy equipment and never had a plug come out. But when winter comes to be safe, I'm taking it off to do an inside patch. I only have 9000kms on my tire, not ready to shell out for a new one yet. But I will be putting a compressor in my bag now, good idea on your part.

Back