vonbonds

Supercharged
Does anyone here ride with a tinted windscreen? I am getting another Clearview GT-25 screen for my Rocket this time with an air vent and the cutouts to accommodate the Triumph light bar. The only option I haven't selected yet is if I want it tinted or not.

Just curious as to what others think of that.

Thanks..

Tom

Seems to me to be a matter of purely personal preference. If you look through your screen, you'll prolly not want it tinted. If you look over it... it just a cosmetic thing and up to your personal taste. Mines tinted.

I don't recall where I read this, but it stated in no uncertain terms to "never set the windscreen height so you are looking thru it, rather set it's height to look over it". Then they sighted the reason for this which frankly escapes me now. I say "bunk" to that, providing you keep the screen clean. The only issue I see would be where the top edge falls in your line of sight, as you can't see thru the thin edge.

The Rest Of The Story

Actually I think the height of the windshield should allow you to either look at least 2" over the top to a distance of 90 feet or be able to look completely through the shield. What you don't want is to have the top spliting your view between over and under. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

As to the tint. If you're going to be looking over the windshield all the time, then it's strickly a personal preference. If you get down behind it once in a while.......be sure you can see through it at night. I prefer the less you see.....the better. I spent too much on the chrome to have a windshield up stage the "BLING".

Let us know what you decide and a few photos would even be better.

Tell me more about the cut outs for the Triumph light bar?

If you have the Roadster screen at the bottom of it the curve of the screen gets closer to the brackets. That empty space is where the light bracket and lights would mount.

I am going to go wtih the clear screen by the way. Even though I can see over it I can always tint it later on I guess.

Back