Time to "Stir the Pot" Darth Vader is Calling.

was looking at tires Fri. Metz has a new one out 888 instead of 880 I dont think the price is bad for the 880's 210 for front and same for the back I have 8200 miles on mine and they are still good yes I will need a set this year but not yet I think I'm going to stay with the metz 880 or 888 ?? Metz say that the new one released in Feb is suppose to get get mileage we will have to wait and see ask they have not been out long enough yet

was looking at tires Fri. Metz has a new one out 888 instead of 880 I dont think the price is bad for the 880's 210 for front and same for the back I have 8200 miles on mine and they are still good yes I will need a set this year but not yet I think I'm going to stay with the metz 880 or 888 ?? Metz say that the new one released in Feb is suppose to get get mileage we will have to wait and see ask they have not been out long enough yet
yeah I heard that a new Metz was coming but better milage will probally mean harder compound which will mean it will probally break traction faster:rolleyes:
Sneak Peek Of New Metzeler Marathon Ultra 888

edit: but notice the sizes ....... there are no sizes for the Rocket There!!!!

ya I seen that they dont have r sizes but they r to release more sizes just dont know how long the metz rep was in the shop that day he said that they will replace the 880 in time but who knows how long that will take

Why can't you get them over there, knowing that there must be bulevarde's over there surely:rolleyes:

I contacted Bridgestone over here and they just said they weren't approved in Europe and so unavailable - they didnt explain why.

The Boulevard is known as the Intruder M1800RZ over here and has a 240/40R18 tyre which is obviously no good for the Rocket. Maybe that's the only size Bridgestone have got approval for? :confused:

Edit:
I just remembered a similar thread on the .com site and the likely reason for non-approval in the EU is due to the Max being a 240/55 making the o.d. too big. The EU regs demand a tolerance of +/- 3% on tyre diameter, the 240/55 is outside that tolerance.

I contacted Bridgestone over here and they just said they weren't approved in Europe and so unavailable - they didnt explain why.

The Boulevard is known as the Intruder M1800RZ over here and has a 240/40R18 tyre which is obviously no good for the Rocket. Maybe that's the only size Bridgestone have got approval for? :confused:
might have to do as some of the Aussies guys did and buy from the States and import them for yourself maybe you can organise a group buy like the guys here did, they saved a bundle:)

................. i would ask my self if triumph is so cheap that it can't put a headlamp relay on why wouldn't they use a car tire if they could save a $100. i assume there must be a liability problem?

In the UK there is a strong possibility that if involved in a serious accident that required police and insurance assessor investigation, a bike that was fitted with an unapproved tyre - i.e. car tyre - would have insurance cover denied. No insurer here would knowingly cover the use of a car tyre on a bike.

I found it necessary to inform my insurers that I had changed from Metz to Avon because Triumph only recommend Metz for replacements. I sent them a letter from Avon saying they had tested the Cobra on a Rocket and so got approval from them.

Back