Time to "Stir the Pot" Darth Vader is Calling.

I thought people were getting 10k miles out of the excedra on average?

Does anyone know why bridgestone says it shouldn't be used on a rocket? I have the regular excedra up front but I read they don't approve the max for the rocket.

I think it used to that the triumph dealer would only sell avons and metzlers .i have just recently found a triumph dealer that will sell and fit an excedra max for $360

Bridgestone can't recommend it for the Rocket because it's not the stock size. Simple as that. Don't go reading anything more into it. They make it for the C109, jut as heavy and almost as much torque.

edit: And by the way, that is not a "I use it so it must be OK" opinion. I asked the Bridgestone tyre rep when he was in the shop. He said he'd been asked before about the 240 Max on a Rocket. They're happy to supply them to anyone and very happy to see them going on Rockets as well as the big Boulies. They just can't recommend it.

I thought people were getting 10k miles out of the excedra on average?

Does anyone know why bridgestone says it shouldn't be used on a rocket? I have the regular excedra up front but I read they don't approve the max for the rocket.

It's the touring model they refer to . There was drama with it early on cant remember the details because I don't ride a touring

If your in the Brisbane area and you need a excedr max and only want to deal with a triumph dealership they are called teammoto motor cycles 1924 sand gate road. Phone 0731775095

Some of the earlier touring's were coming from factory with a Bridgestone tyre which ( some were doing this not all) was separating (delaminating and cause blow outs) so they were recalled and blamed the huge torque of the Rocket I believe that Triumph probably just grabbed a tyre from Bridgestone with out checking it could handle the torque because people were complaining about the Metz
The Bridgestone Excerdra MAX is a redesigned newer version of the earlier Exerdra which one of our Westralian buddies has used was not unhappy with

Back