Tidy up your battery terminals!

DEcosse

If it's no Scottish it's CRAP!
Ride
Triumph Daytona (Custom)
Was looking for something different on EBay and just happened across this product by company called Blue Sea
OK - hands up - how many of you have a bunch of accessory ring terminals stacked up on both sides of battery?

I was seriously impressed with that - so simple yet so effective
The Positive side is especially nice as is not only a buss, but also gives you 4 separate Fused Outputs without requiring one in-line for each of your accessories
Lots of listings on Ebay
Note that the 5024 includes BOTH terminals while the 5023 is Positive ONLY - so be careful which you order

Incidentally my immediate thought was "why didn't the PDM60 come with at least that negative one, rather than the pigtail and nut/bolt?" :D

(actually the Negative one just about anyone could make that as a DIY)

The only slight criticism is the stud size is more aimed at car batteries - but a washer on the stud will help that. I've actually sent them a product suggestion for similar aimed more at the Motorcycle Accessory market, bit more compact with ATM size fuses and a smaller M6 Battery Terminal attachment.

I haven't bought one yet, but I have to give this two thumbs up!

Blue_Sea_5204.jpg

Last edited:
Ken,
I likey, but do I really need more fuses with the PDM60?

Was looking for something different on EBay and just happened across this product by company called Blue Sea
OK - hands up - how many of you have a bunch of accessory ring terminals stacked up on both sides of battery?

I was seriously impressed with that - so simple yet so effective
The Positive side is especially nice as is not only a buss, but also gives you 4 separate Fused Outputs without requiring one in-line for each of your accessories
Lots of listings on Ebay
Note that the 5024 includes BOTH terminals while the 5023 is Positive ONLY - so be careful which you order

Incidentally my immediate thought was "why didn't the PDM60 come with at least that negative one, rather than the pigtail and nut/bolt?" :D

(actually the Negative one just about anyone could make that as a DIY)

The only slight criticism is the stud size is more aimed at car batteries - but a washer on the stud will help that. I've actually sent them a product suggestion for similar aimed more at the Motorcycle Accessory market, bit more compact with ATM size fuses and a smaller M6 Battery Terminal attachment.

I haven't bought one yet, but I have to give this two thumbs up!

Blue_Sea_5204.jpg

I saw these awhile back but found the terminal holes on the mounts are too big for our small terminal bolts.

Exactly what I made for my PDM60 install - A busplate. Though in reality twin wire pigtails from the PDM60 would be better. Or earth through the frame.

And - <shudder> I see colored crimp connectors in that pack. HATE THEM.
That device has clearance holes for M10 studs. Marine/Truck.

Last edited:
And - <shudder> I see colored crimp connectors in that pack. HATE THEM.
Well there is certainly no need to use those - pennies on the deal anyway

I saw these awhile back but found the terminal holes on the mounts are too big for our small terminal bolts.

That device has clearance holes for M10 studs. Marine/Truck.

I mentioned this in my opening post and that I have sent suggestion to Blue Sea to create a Motorcycle specific version
And sure, ideally would be 6mm/1/4" vs 10mm/3/8" - but as I say, add an M6 washer

The device isn't perfect as-is, but the concept is excellent (IMO)

4 post batteries are a godsend for adding circuits.
I agree (although they don't include fuses like this kit, so you still need to add in-line on each circuit - however even connecting this to an alternate post vs the primary one is a nice option.
Considered one of several batteries with that config for my current replacement but being given 50% discount warranty replacement from Shorai on my 5+ yr old battery was too good to pass up.
Have to say Shorai Warranty is absolutely no haggle - I didn't really even have to prove anything, just said I purchased 'sometime in 2015' (and truthfully, not even sure if it was perhaps even earlier!) and they gave me an instant discount code for new one.

Back