throttle cables/grip change

Patrick, I have my throttle grip off right now. I had to slacken my cables at the TB as there was no adjustment left at the lever. I will remedy that when it goes back together. I'm guessing it's who ever set the bike up at the dealer didn't have a clue.

Patrick, I have my throttle grip off right now. I had to slacken my cables at the TB as there was no adjustment left at the lever. I will remedy that when it goes back together. I'm guessing it's who ever set the bike up at the dealer didn't have a clue.

That is very possible. With as much assembly variation we have seen out of the factory, I wouldn't doubt someone pulled all the adjustment out of one end then fine tuned with the other instead of meeting in the middle.

That is very possible. With as much assembly variation we have seen out of the factory, I wouldn't doubt someone pulled all the adjustment out of one end then fine tuned with the other instead of meeting in the middle.
thanks for the input,, was trying to find an easy way back on reassembly. got the manual and I'll just follow the procedure

I always prefer meeting in the middle... especially with my #1 girl!

I didn't have to loosen the cables when I changed grips....the cables did try to shrink away but I grabbed them with pliers and tugged them back out to attach them to the new cam.

I didn't have to loosen the cables when I changed grips....the cables did try to shrink away but I grabbed them with pliers and tugged them back out to attach them to the new cam.

lucky you.. here I figured out why I could not reinstall the cables easily .. the mother*****s on the assembly line pushed the threaded retainer tubes of the return cable all the way up as far as the thread would go then locked the nut and did the exact opposite for the accelerating cable I couldn't even release the nuts as they were locked by the tabs bent downward at 90 degres :mad::mad::mad::mad:.. removing the whole wheel with the cables'ends was not an option so I had to cut with a dremel tool both bent tabs .
talk about idiots not thinking basic installation..
I would suggest to all captain who never peaked in that corner to remove the overflow coolant bottle and take a good look at that contraption holding the cables

Last edited:
Back