throttle cables/grip change

albertaduke

former airline pilot without the big bucks
Ride
2021 rocket3 GT
has anybody ever managed to re-insert both throttle cables back in the plastic housing at the throttle grip without going first to the throttle body and slacken the adjuster ?

I have changed mine multiple times with only using the adjuster at the controls. Never touched the throttle body adjusters.
so you did unscrew the two adjusting nuts at the control wheel down by the throttle body ,that is what I meant.

I had hope to replace the cable back inside the grip without touching the adjusting nut guess i will have no choice.

so you did unscrew the two adjusting nuts at the control wheel down by the throttle body ,that is what I meant.

I had hope to replace the cable back inside the grip without touching the adjusting nut guess i will have no choice.

Just the adjusters up by the handlebar controls.

Tried to upload a photo but keep getting security errors from the site.

has anybody ever managed to re-insert both throttle cables back in the plastic housing at the throttle grip without going first to the throttle body and slacken the adjuster ?

Yep!
Just screwed in the two bar side adjusters.

Yep!
Just screwed in the two bar side adjusters.

hummm!! i have to find those two bar side a
Just the adjusters up by the handlebar controls.

Tried to upload a photo but keep getting security errors from the site.

i looked at them didn't think there was enough slack to round out the two cables on their grooves.. i ll give it another go i also removed the puke bottle to get close to the adjusters by the throttle body just in case

Back