Throttle body Balancing

Great work Jim, good determination, i think it will make a big differance we just need some decent weather to give it a test.
I must say up to this point I’ve been thinking I might have to go down the 3/5 filter path although I would like to keep the bike standard if I could
any chance you post a picture of the tool used.

Paul, I will have ago at posting a photo, but definitely email you one.

Tyring to upload the photos of the tool I used to adjust cylinder 3 butterfly screw, hope it works

Attachments

• DSCN0259.jpg
    DSCN0259.jpg
    445.2 KB · Views: 87
  • DSCN0260.jpg
    DSCN0260.jpg
    334.8 KB · Views: 85
Right by using a right angle flexiable screwdriver and having my daughter turn the throttle so I could get the screwdrider on to the number 3 cylinder screw I was able to adjust the number 3 cylinder to get the following new readings....

Cylinder 1- 640 to 650 new reading 620 to 630
Cylinder 2- 650 to 660 new reading 640 to 650
Cylinder 3 -610 to 620 new reading 630 to 640

Idle RPM fluctuated from 830 to 880 RPM new reading 840 to 850 RPM

If I can find a smaller right angle flexiable screwdriver I reckon I can get onto the number 1 cylinder adjusting screw.

I will have these little suckers 100% without have to dismantle the air intake system, maybe the Triumph workshops have a special screwdriver for this job?

Well done mate, good post for anyone who wants to keep things standard. As servicing will be done by myself I was dreading the balance adjustment issue.

Tyring to upload the photos of the tool I used to adjust cylinder 3 butterfly screw, hope it works

When I have found the right tool to get to the front adjusting screw I will post the details.

The down side is that you can not adjust with the motor running, you have turn the motor off, then turn the throttle to allow you get the screwdriver on to the rear screw. I found it only required very small adjustment each time. Then restart the motor.
Can't wait to get onto the that front screw and have balancing 100% correct, it's certainly looks possible to me.

Back