Throttle body Balancing

Paul, I think I can see thebadjusting screws but getting to them is another question which I am working on.

Mitch, is it right you adjust the 1 and 3 cylinders off the number 2 cylinder.

That is absolutely correct Jim And you will notice there is only two screws one is between tb 1/2 and the other between 2/3 so u can't accidentally adjust the wrong one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is absolutely correct Jim And you will notice there is only two screws one is between tb 1/2 and the other between 2/3 so u can't accidentally adjust the wrong one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a small note when adjusting your throttles give a little blip every so often to help prevent stichion from holding them back and then suddenly they release and it ends up being a mile out the other way

Whilst I appreciate the advice how in h… do you get to them on a standard 2011 roadster.
This is a service area there must be an easier way than removing three quarters of the engine ancillaries?
The throttle bodies were adjusted at my first service ( acording to the dealership). There is no sigh that the air induction ancillaries were removed and replaced which as everyone knows, would be a nightmare.
Someone out there must knows a easier way in, than the manual suggests .
My Throttle boddies aren’t out by much but it would be nice to hear of a cheet.
Thanks Paul.

After taking the claw off it appears to me the tank has to be raised, then take the air intake off the three throttle bodies and disconnect the air intake from the air tube under the tank, then there would be access to the two butterfly adjusting screws.

Can anyone who has adjusted them confirm what I am saying.

After taking the claw off it appears to me the tank has to be raised, then take the air intake off the three throttle bodies and disconnect the air intake from the air tube under the tank, then there would be access to the two butterfly adjusting screws.

Can anyone who has adjusted them confirm what I am saying.
Yeah that right and thats way my dealer did it while I was watching (he cursed the whole way throught it) then later I was convince they weren spot on got the Tune ECU and took all that S**T of looked at it and said stuffing Hell I aint going throught that again so threw it in the back corner of garage bought the triple K&N's now it is a five minute job once you lift the tank:D

+ 1 on what hanso said :cool:
There is no cheat or shortcut if u keep the suffication box u have a mission on your hands taking the plastic box off is easy putting it back on is an absolute task and a half.

With triple filters as hanso said its a five minute job complete easy access

I made that sound a bit simple but I went and raised the tank from the rear only, now I know what Hanso means, it's not going to be easy taking the intake system off to get assess to the adjusting screws.

Looks like mine will stay slightly out for a little while.

You guys who have taken the whole intake system out, do you have to lift the tank right off the bike ?

Back