Throttle body Balancing

I made that sound a bit simple but I went and raised the tank from the rear only, now I know what Hanso means, it's not going to be easy taking the intake system off to get assess to the adjusting screws.

Looks like mine will stay slightly out for a little while.

You guys who have taken the whole intake system out, do you have to lift the tank right off the bike ?

No mate just undo the screw between the gauges and prop her up on her stick
i dont even need to remove my bearclaw:cool: because its modified it just sqeazes past the coolant bottle :cool:

Mitch, I can see what you mean and why so many opt for the three K&Ns, one day when it's dry I will come over and have at look at your bike with the tank up. I am sure I will se all the answers then.

As far as I can see there is no way to those throttle adjusting screws without removing the intake pluming.

I did find the air intake join under the tank loose and tightened up. Checked all the others, all tight.

I hooked up the Tune ECU program today to check the balanced throttles, this is what I recorded after the motor reached operating temp.

Cylinder 1- 640 to 650
Cylinder 2 - 650 to 660
Cylinder 3 - 610 to 620

Idle RPM fluctuated form 830 to 880 RPM.

What does this mean to you tuning guys, is the 40 difference on cylinder 3 a worry.

Oh at your next service that is don't remove the plastic box unless you intend to install triples it is a bastard to get back on .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I made that sound a bit simple but I went and raised the tank from the rear only, now I know what Hanso means, it's not going to be easy taking the intake system off to get assess to the adjusting screws.

Looks like mine will stay slightly out for a little while.

You guys who have taken the whole intake system out, do you have to lift the tank right off the bike ?
I didn't, the only time I have taken it of completely is when I change the rocker cover over to the chrome one and when I changed the plugs:cool:

I hooked up the Tune ECU program today to check the balanced throttles, this is what I recorded after the motor reached operating temp.

Cylinder 1- 640 to 650
Cylinder 2 - 650 to 660
Cylinder 3 - 610 to 620

Idle RPM fluctuated form 830 to 880 RPM.

What does this mean to you tuning guys, is the 40 difference on cylinder 3 a worry.
Yup, that what is causing your fluctuating idle

I would have changed it they are supposed to be within 10 mine are all spot on .
as is mine

Oh at your next service that is don't remove the plastic box unless you intend to install triples it is a bastard to get back on .
you got that right, Baby

Right by using a right angle flexiable screwdriver and having my daughter turn the throttle so I could get the screwdrider on to the number 3 cylinder screw I was able to adjust the number 3 cylinder to get the following new readings....

Cylinder 1- 640 to 650 new reading 620 to 630
Cylinder 2- 650 to 660 new reading 640 to 650
Cylinder 3 -610 to 620 new reading 630 to 640

Idle RPM fluctuated from 830 to 880 RPM new reading 840 to 850 RPM

If I can find a smaller right angle flexiable screwdriver I reckon I can get onto the number 1 cylinder adjusting screw.

I will have these little suckers 100% without have to dismantle the air intake system, maybe the Triumph workshops have a special screwdriver for this job?

Right by using a right angle flexiable screwdriver and having my daughter turn the throttle so I could get the screwdrider on to the number 3 cylinder screw I was able to adjust the number 3 cylinder to get the following new readings....

Cylinder 1- 640 to 650 new reading 620 to 630
Cylinder 2- 650 to 660 new reading 640 to 650
Cylinder 3 -610 to 620 new reading 630 to 640

Idle RPM fluctuated from 830 to 880 RPM new reading 840 to 850 RPM

If I can find a smaller right angle flexiable screwdriver I reckon I can get onto the number 1 cylinder adjusting screw.

I will have these little suckers 100% without have to dismantle the air intake system, maybe the Triumph workshops have a special screwdriver for this job?

I like your determination Jim :cool: good onya.

Great work Jim, good determination, i think it will make a big differance we just need some decent weather to give it a test.
I must say up to this point I’ve been thinking I might have to go down the 3/5 filter path although I would like to keep the bike standard if I could
any chance you post a picture of the tool used.

Back