Thoughts on ordering a hybrid R/GT Rocket?

I’m in the same boat but the other way around, I’ve got the forward controls on order but everything here is closed for the foreseeable!!

I looked at the instructions for relocating the foot controls back on the GT. Pretty complicated. The parts are cheap. Has anyone gotten a quote on the labor? Same for changing the handlebars?
I have the mid controls on order. I'll let you know how it goes. Can't be that bad. The bars might be a little more work. I'm keeping the GT bars.
I need the part number for the mid controls if one of you still has it. With the part number I'm assuming triumphinstructions has the instructions? Thanks!

A couple of weeks ago I put down a refundable deposit on the new Rocket, but can't decide which model to order. I have read that all the parts specific to the R are interchangeable with the GT and vice versa, so am thinking of trying to order a hybrid.

In a nutshell, I would like the GT in grey/silver, but with the sportier handlebars and rear-mounted foot pegs from the R.

Has anyone discussed this kind of thing with their Triumph dealer?

I did this exact thing... I bought a black GT and then ordered the R model mid mounted pegs with complete hardware, quick shift, and the r model seat and backrest inserts... this will give me the best of both worlds. I can configure it myself at home, but I'll probably leave my forward pegs on for highway riding, use the mid controls/quick shifter, keep the GT bars, and delete the backrest. Should be pretty cool. All my parts are in aside from the left side peg hardware. I'll certainly post pix when it's done!

Did mid kit include pegs so you could leave forward pegs ?
I changed the forward controls on my Speedmaster to mid (rear) pegs, the procedure is similar with a 10-20% reuse of parts. Looking at the instructions for the Rocket, the pegs are different mounting angles so are supplied as part of the kit BUT the rubbers and return springs are re-used from the original pegs.

The key to interpreting the instructions is to know the difference between:
1. Retain the xxx yyy for reuse. = original part xxx yyy will be used with the new kit
2. Retain the xxx yyy for reuse if the motorcycle is to be returned to its original condition. = original part or assembly is not used with the new kit.

Sometimes when an assembly has a part(s) that are to be reused, then option 1 is initially in the earlier part of the disassembly instructions, before the instructions tell you to disassemble that particular assembly and then tell you to transfer the part of the original assembly and advise option 2 for the remainder.

Last edited:
I changed the forward controls on my Speedmaster to mid (rear) pegs, the procedure is similar with a 10-20% reuse of parts. Looking at the instructions for the Rocket, the pegs are different mounting angles so are supplied as part of the kit BUT the rubbers and return springs are re-used from the original pegs..

Thanks for the good info.
I can buy rubbers and springs for cost effective highway pegs
Will look up instructions.
I am waiting for the relocation kit to come in.

Back