Thoughts on ordering a hybrid R/GT Rocket?

If these parts are on the assessories list and interchangable between the two new models, why not?? If a stock part on one model and you require this feature on the other, why not? I can see Triumph charging 'silly money' for no extra effort but then all manufacturers are the same!!

This is what the TFC should have been instead of a tarted up, over-priced, homogeneous limited edition ie. a bike you can customise with various options rather than having to buy a second set of everything you want to change.

I told the dealer I liked the red R compared to the GT silver and black ..... he said you can change all parts from the GT to The R, for 3k...... Dreamin!

No point blaming the Dealer. The bikes come the factory, stock, and are shipped as is. All accessories are fitted at the dealership, who has had to order them from Triumph and use their workshop to fit them if you’re not going to do it yourself. They’re not a charity and the gripe you should have is that none of the things you want are offered as “options” and therefore come at extra cost. Changing handle bars is almost always a time consuming challenge, made even more complicated by the internal wiring. Then there’s the screen, seats, backrest, foot pegs, heated grips. Wheels?? $3,000 sounds cheap to me.

You do know you can change the colour of a bike like the Rocket for well under $1,000, maybe $500 - @ruzzle did you ever get a quote? Surely that makes more sense. Buy the one closest to what you want, change as little as possible and spray it whatever colour you like.

No point blaming the Dealer. The bikes come the factory, stock, and are shipped as is. All accessories are fitted at the dealership, who has had to order them from Triumph and use their workshop to fit them if you’re not going to do it yourself. They’re not a charity and the gripe you should have is that none of the things you want are offered as “options” and therefore come at extra cost. Changing handle bars is almost always a time consuming challenge, made even more complicated by the internal wiring. Then there’s the screen, seats, backrest, foot pegs, heated grips. Wheels?? $3,000 sounds cheap to me.

You do know you can change the colour of a bike like the Rocket for well under $1,000, maybe $500 - @ruzzle did you ever get a quote? Surely that makes more sense. Buy the one closest to what you want, change as little as possible and spray it whatever colour you like.
...i agree completely..
i had made up my mind i was going to purchase one of these...i managed to get to ride an 'R' model which satisfied my decision but which bike?..the 'R' or the 'GT'?
I did the configure thing on both bikes and found the cost difference to be minimal between both bikes....with the 'R' you get the black rims and the 'GT' has the machined rims...every thing else can be interchanged.
I went for the 'GT' and have ordered the mid mounted pegs...i like the pegs under you..have the luggage rack ...everything else i want is there....not too much work getting it where i want it.
Just waiting on the bike...

My original order was Red for the red R, because out of all the options I liked the red... and wanted mid pegs but wanted the GT bars and seat. I did not originally like any of the colour options but black grew on me... then I thought the GT comes with black so I'll change for the GT with mid pegs, but they pegs were on a July waiting time here in the UK... so stuck with the R, GT bars and thought I can change the seat at any time.... then COVID happened so I cancelled the order entirely (they still have my deposit unfortunately)

The thing is, all the accessories are fitted by the dealer (who should give you all the bits back that they take off - but historically, any fixings have been incomplete when returned - a few nuts and bolts is all, but some of them are quite specific and cost a few quid)... that + time on my hands of an evening during the UK Lockdown + delivery times slipping overall and the ease of changing the colour before I get my hands on it through the dealers spray shop to what ever I want, has led me to reevaluate my options.
When the dealers reopen for business (sales) I will now order the GT with mid pegs and get it respayed white... job done! I also get the slighty broader mainfold covers with the GT.. think it looks better.

My original order was Red for the red R, because out of all the options I liked the red... and wanted mid pegs but wanted the GT bars and seat. I did not originally like any of the colour options but black grew on me... then I thought the GT comes with black so I'll change for the GT with mid pegs, but they pegs were on a July waiting time here in the UK... so stuck with the R, GT bars and thought I can change the seat at any time.... then COVID happened so I cancelled the order entirely (they still have my deposit unfortunately)

The thing is, all the accessories are fitted by the dealer (who should give you all the bits back that they take off - but historically, any fixings have been incomplete when returned - a few nuts and bolts is all, but some of them are quite specific and cost a few quid)... that + time on my hands of an evening during the UK Lockdown + delivery times slipping overall and the ease of changing the colour before I get my hands on it through the dealers spray shop to what ever I want, has led me to reevaluate my options.
When the dealers reopen for business (sales) I will now order the GT with mid pegs and get it respayed white... job done! I also get the slighty broader mainfold covers with the GT.. think it looks better.
I initially ordered the gt but as the date kept getting moved further and further away with no ability to confirm a date I opted to change my order to the R and bolt on the bits from the GT.....

Back