Thoughts and Concerns as a new Triumph Rider

Error Flynn

.020 Over
Ride
Triumph Rocket 3 R 2021
Hello Rocketeer's
😎

I have some questions regarding my new 2021 Rocket 3 R with 437 km on it.

a) When i press the rear brake pedal alone everything is ok. When i press the front everything is ok as well.
When i combine both of them, SOMETIMES i get on my rear break foot pedal i small vibration under my shoe. Like a force feedback let's say.
This occurs ONLY when i first apply force with the front brake and then the rear follows. If i do it at the same time i get nothing as an effect underneath my shoe.

b) The Last week when i startup the bike i get on the dashboard for 5 seconds more or less a german wrench indication inside a circle. After a while it goes away and during my drive time i don't have a problem whatsoever or any kind of indication. I took the bike to the dealership and they weren't able to find the cause. A second appointment is arranged pretty soon. Also i checked the date on the bike and it's correct cause i read somewhere that this comes up when an upcoming service is due. Well that's not the case.

c) The last two days (after my visit to the dealreship - after they connected the bike to the diagnostic software) i get for a fraction of a second another indication. It was very quick to read so i made a slow motion video of my dashboard so i can freeze the correct frame. What i got is an indication which says "Transmission Fault - TSA Check Manual". Well this has to do with the shifter but the thing is that i don't have a shifter equiped on the bike.

Well, i am pretty confident that b) and c) will get sorted out with some kind of update. The a) worries me the most. Any thoughts and experience please ? Thanks !
🙂

UPDATE !

I just came from the dealership and before finishing my sentence the chief mechanic replied to me asking... "are you feeling a small rumble under your feet?" i replied yes and he said that this is absolutely normal cause that's the way the bike (not only the Rocket but also Speed Triple among other Triumph motorcycles - also he offered me to ride and test other model to see for myself) is made to work. Also the fact that the rear tyre is so wide, that makes that small effect more evident. Anyway, i am still a little concerned but on the other hand it makes sense, i heard from the head of the mechanics there, so i take it as is.

(thoughts?)

thanks !

e.f.
DASH.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe when you press the rear and front brake hard it might be the ABS. If you ride down the road say at 45 mph and hit both front and rear brakes relatively hard you may get a 'skipping' type feel on the rear brake as you quickly slow especially if you run over sand or any surface debris. That is the ABS as I sometimes like to see if I can lock the brakes up and I'm always getting the 'skip' while slowing abruptly. I did the same on my 2014 Rocket and it was a more urgent skip and much more noticeable (and a little more fun). I never feel anything like that while just riding though. Just a thought. Cheers.:thumbsup:

Hello Rocketeer's
😎

I have some questions regarding my new 2021 Rocket 3 R with 437 km on it.

a) When i press the rear brake pedal alone everything is ok. When i press the front everything is ok as well.
When i combine both of them, SOMETIMES i get on my rear break foot pedal i small vibration under my shoe. Like a force feedback let's say.
This occurs ONLY when i first apply force with the front brake and then the rear follows. If i do it at the same time i get nothing as an effect underneath my shoe.

b) The Last week when i startup the bike i get on the dashboard for 5 seconds more or less a german wrench indication inside a circle. After a while it goes away and during my drive time i don't have a problem whatsoever or any kind of indication. I took the bike to the dealership and they weren't able to find the cause. A second appointment is arranged pretty soon. Also i checked the date on the bike and it's correct cause i read somewhere that this comes up when an upcoming service is due. Well that's not the case.

c) The last two days (after my visit to the dealreship - after they connected the bike to the diagnostic software) i get for a fraction of a second another indication. It was very quick to read so i made a slow motion video of my dashboard so i can freeze the correct frame. What i got is an indication which says "Transmission Fault - TSA Check Manual". Well this has to do with the shifter but the thing is that i don't have a shifter equiped on the bike.

Well, i am pretty confident that b) and c) will get sorted out with some kind of update. The a) worries me the most. Any thoughts and experience please ? Thanks !
🙂

UPDATE !

I just came from the dealership and before finishing my sentence the chief mechanic replied to me asking... "are you feeling a small rumble under your feet?" i replied yes and he said that this is absolutely normal cause that's the way the bike (not only the Rocket but also Speed Triple among other Triumph motorcycles - also he offered me to ride and test other model to see for myself) is made to work. Also the fact that the rear tyre is so wide, that makes that small effect more evident. Anyway, i am still a little concerned but on the other hand it makes sense, i heard from the head of the mechanics there, so i take it as is.

(thoughts?)

thanks !

e.f.
Hello, I was wondering what they found if anything. Thanks and good luck getting it sorted out. Keep us posted.

Hello, I was wondering what they found if anything. Thanks and good luck getting it sorted out. Keep us posted.
Hey first of all and most importantly my rear brake is just fine.

The Wrench indication went away after doing my first service.

As for the small gear indication which means "Transmission Fault - TSA Check Manual" they don't have a fix for the time being.

They are convinced that it's a software bug which sounds more reasonable.

Next Tuesday i have an appointment to the dealership to get the new version of the firmware.

Maybe there is a fix there. That's all for now @stingray.

e.f.

that 'spanner' pic you were getting is the service light so that will be gone now as it gets reset once the service is done...the skip youre feeling under braking is definitely the 'ABS' doing its thing ...dont be concerned with that.
Check your gear change lever for movement back and forward while its in neutral...there should be a bit of slack.

Back