What else do you have .... ie: exhaust, intake, etc.
The reason being is that if you installed aftermarket exhaust and then had the triumph tune installed for it, you would be leaning out the bike. The Triumph aftermarket exhaust tune closes the secondaries for enrichment. If you have nothing but the GiPro, taking out the secondaries wont change anything but make the throttle response quicker. So I need to know what else, if anything has been done to answer the question.

The Triumph tune enriches the fuel/air mixture by closing those secondaries some. I had it done before I realized that it restricted air intake rather than adding more fuel and my power suffered noticeably. I did take the secondaries out later, but I needed a PCIII to add the extra fuel it had to have from triples and exhaust. Honestly, I don't believe it would hurt anything to install a GiPro and remove the secondaries with just exhaust unless you make a habit of thrashing it. But if you ride like I do (wide open 0-100 more than occasionally), a PCIII, TuneBoy or TuneECU would be prudent.

You should try it out, it'll give you the bug to do more.

Thanks for that. Think I will wait to remove them until I can get a PCIII and then do the job properly. I have a distinct lack of right hand control ;)

Back