Thinking about trading my Indian Challenger for a new Rocket.

The Challenger is a real tourer and much more comfortable for long trips. Fork mounted fairing and full water proof hard bags with a full stereo and sat nav. The new Rockets are a lot faster and very stylish but not touring bikes even with the little bags. Lupe has several bikes so he has the advantage to have an assortment. I’d recommend a mix of machines to cover the bases. I know I like a variety af styles to suit the riding I want to do.
Im poor folks and can only afford one scoot. I find that the closest I can get to an all around ride is the GT. Not the best sport bike, not the best tourer, maybe not even the best looking. But I would give it high marks in every category with a 10 in the fun category.

Im poor folks and can only afford one scoot. I find that the closest I can get to an all around ride is the GT. Not the best sport bike, not the best tourer, maybe not even the best looking. But I would give it high marks in every category with a 10 in the fun category.
Oh yeh, When I first got my new Rocket "FUN" was the best first word to describe the machine. I would expect the GT to be a bit more relaxed and comfortable than the R or the TFC that I have.

@Dr.D does Sandy like the tires on her bike, does she ever mention grip, i know it grips because ive watched her ride your speed, i checked her tires at one point they were the cruisetec 180 radial rear 130 bias front, thanks man mexican said hes heard some complaints on the indian forum about the cruisetec not gripping?

Oh yeh, When I first got my new Rocket "FUN" was the best first word to describe the machine. I would expect the GT to be a bit more relaxed and comfortable than the R or the TFC that I have.
My poor back will not let me keep the forward pegs the GT comes with. I feel like someone stomped on my lower back after about 50 miles. I need to push down with my legs to alleviate any discomfort to my back. I try to ride and react physically like I did when I was 30 years old on my bikes. It's not working out well at all and I'm losing ground fast.:mad:

My poor back will not let me keep the forward pegs the GT comes with. I feel like someone stomped on my lower back after about 50 miles. I need to push down with my legs to alleviate any discomfort to my back. I try to ride and react physically like I did when I was 30 years old on my bikes. It's not working out well at all and I'm losing ground fast.
Get a back rest (and the Corbin seat it goes in) or spring for the R foot controls. That was my plan but in March when I was looking, there were long delays to get those parts.

@Dr.D does Sandy like the tires on her bike, does she ever mention grip, i know it grips because ive watched her ride your speed, i checked her tires at one point they were the cruisetec 180 radial rear 130 bias front, thanks man mexican said hes heard some complaints on the indian forum about the cruisetec not gripping?
She has never lost control or mentioned traction issues. On acceleration the bike cuts power for wheel spin and it has antilock brakes. She corners well so I'd say they are very adequate.

Get a back rest (and the Corbin seat it goes in) or spring for the R foot controls. That was my plan but in March when I was looking, there were long delays to get those parts.
I get the pegs Thursday. I need to go sit on an R at the dealer and see if that's the location I want the pegs at. I understand there are 3 positions plus down a few mm also. I had a Corbin on my 05 and I never got real comfortable with it. I loved the looks and it is so well made I wished it would have worked out but it never got where my butt didn't go numb after 100 miles. I think I'm in the minority of as most everyone likes Corbins and swears by them. :thumbsup:

Sandy corrects me and says she got poor mileage on there front, only 5000 miles. She’s getting about 7000 on the rear. Grip is fine but longevity is not. Going try Dunlop Elite 4.

the way youll ride thats not bad and the 130 front has what we need on the rocket for a weight rating, no radial 130 16in tire goes that high. Thanks for info Doc and Sandy. Thanks for sharing thread Mexican

Back