Thinking about trading my Indian Challenger for a new Rocket.

1662580313111.png
Looks like retirement is treating you well.....stop by one of our gatherings sometime and meet a few people👍
👍👍

I'm trying to be tactful...I want the 2500cc triple motor, I don't want an oversize, overweight Diavel.
Nothing wrong with a guy or Gal knowing what they want. I haven't ridden the Challenger but I want to. I don't expect it to have the power of the Rocket but I am looking forward to the over all riding experience it has to offer like most all Motorcycles, Scooters, mini Bikes/tote goats. I seriously dig anything on two wheels as they all have different experiences. Hell, put me on a Vespa and I will ride the wheels off of it but just not around my friends or anyone on here.:cool:

Nothing wrong with a guy or Gal knowing what they want. I haven't ridden the Challenger but I want to. I don't expect it to have the power of the Rocket but I am looking forward to the over all riding experience it has to offer like most all Motorcycles, Scooters, mini Bikes/tote goats. I seriously dig anything on two wheels as they all have different experiences. Hell, put me on a Vespa and I will ride the wheels off of it but just not around my friends or anyone on here.:cool:
Got my eyes on a Vespa gts300. will ride it and dont care who sees me :sneaky: :cool:

The Challenger has plenty of clearance for cornering but not as much as the new Rockets. I will say the Challenger is the best handling bagger I’ve ridden. It feels much lighter than it really is.
locally here they usually bring the 18 Wheeler of all the Polaris Industries bikes and recently had a new Dark Horse Challenger to test ride without all the crap you have to go through typically. Just sign a clipboard show them your license and they hand you keys (this is the way it ought to be). The first thing you notice is how easy it is to ride the steering the riding position is fantastic and the Radio/Infotainment is powerful (no need to upgrade anything) this is where Indian is kicking HD's ass because they have the bike right from the factory no stage upgrades needed, no upgrades needed to the sound system. The motor factory/stock is already better than a stage 4 harley engine- True as others have stated the rocket whether you have a new one or old one is not a distance motorcycle... if you not riding distance this doesn't really matter. Lastly- if anyone needs a factory windscreen with mounts let me know (i prefer the ride without the screen)

Hi Sparky59, been awhile. I don't actually own the ftr it's just the one Indian I think is pretty cool. The model below is what my current daily is. I am doing my best to adjust to retired life and foresee many winter chicago days spent in pajamas...all day.

Attachments

• web_KevinWingPhoto-4200-scaled.jpg
    web_KevinWingPhoto-4200-scaled.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 16
Back