Thinking about getting an R3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get the Rocket! I myself have taken the step up from BMW to Rocket 3 and I'll not go back. Still ride beemer for vintage club events, but Triumph is now my daily drive . Ohh yea Welcome, Bienvenue from Montreal, Quebec, Canada!

Hi, all. I've been riding 52+ years and am thinking of jumping the BMW ship. I will always keep my old ones but the new BMWs have soured me. I'll lurk and ask questions occasionally. One big question is: Is there a kit that relocates the footpegs to under my butt? I just can't handle the gynecological riding position of most cruisers. I am also interested in towing a trailer with it. All info is welcome. Thanks, Robert.

Don’t think, just DO IT!!

Hi, all. I've been riding 52+ years and am thinking of jumping the BMW ship. I will always keep my old ones but the new BMWs have soured me. I'll lurk and ask questions occasionally. One big question is: Is there a kit that relocates the footpegs to under my butt? I just can't handle the gynecological riding position of most cruisers. I am also interested in towing a trailer with it. All info is welcome. Thanks, Robert.

Hit the post button too soon. You can definitely stand. Been doing that in this 90+ degree heat to occasionally cool off the boys. I’ve had a Fatboy for many years, though I’ve ridden many other bikes over the years. Thought about a vrod, but all the reviews say terrible for 2up riding, mediocre handling and forward contols. The rocket, to me, is a hybrid muscle sport cruiser. A class of its own for sure. The handling for bike its size is amazing, a real pleasure.

Welcome from Maine, test the Roadster, I felt a lot better with the feet by raising the seat an inch.

Hoopla

Welcome from Maine, test the Roadster, I felt a lot better with the feet by raising the seat an inch.

Hoopla
How did you go about raising the seat? That's a major issue I have why R3R. The seat's too low. I'll eventually shell out the cash for a custom seat but I'd like a temporary solution to raise it up an inch or two.

I raised the seat by adding two items, first the adding of a beaded seat cover, this provides a great ventilation for your butt, I find it a bit too cool on some days here in Maine and it's a bit course on the butt after a while, so I added a thick piece of sheeps skin to to keep my butt warm and comfy. In total it adds just under an inch, I'm 6-3 so I'm a little tall for the stock set up. With that inch I'm much better off. Even on the warmest and humid days here in Maine my butt is quite comfy.

Welcome from Canada.

Take one for a test ride, buy it, put a russel day long on it and don’t look back.

Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back