Thinking about getting an R3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Bolton

Standard Bore
Ride
BMWs
Hi, all. I've been riding 52+ years and am thinking of jumping the BMW ship. I will always keep my old ones but the new BMWs have soured me. I'll lurk and ask questions occasionally. One big question is: Is there a kit that relocates the footpegs to under my butt? I just can't handle the gynecological riding position of most cruisers. I am also interested in towing a trailer with it. All info is welcome. Thanks, Robert.

Welcome from sunny Florida --now tow a trailer you say well my good man with the Rocket you can tow a fifth wheel if you like:D and yes you can stand on the Roadster pegs but if you have to do that I would be looking into changing the seat.
Old habits die hard. I am a fan of Russell seats and own two of them. I currently have a 2000 BMW K1200LT, 1981 R80GS, 1976 R90S, R80/7 sidecar rig, Wife's R1100RSL and her 1965 R50/60/90/80/2 Frankenbike along with various dirty bikes.

Understandable, my last bike was a Harley with the forward contolls. I hated them. I'm short (5'7"), so the pegs on the Roadster are MUCH better. They aren't directly under you, but they're less than Midway so you get that sitting in a chair feeling. And you'll definitely want a new seat, it was one of the first things I did to mine just after I got it recently.

Trailer should be fine. I towed a log splitter down I-75 with my Harley! I think you will like the torque of the rocket

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back