Thinking about getting an R3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, all. I've been riding 52+ years and am thinking of jumping the BMW ship. I will always keep my old ones but the new BMWs have soured me. I'll lurk and ask questions occasionally. One big question is: Is there a kit that relocates the footpegs to under my butt? I just can't handle the gynecological riding position of most cruisers. I am also interested in towing a trailer with it. All info is welcome. Thanks, Robert.

Welcome but be warned you wont get an unbiased opinion re R3's here:thumbsup:

Get one, you wont regret it

Welcome...And yes you can stand...i have a Roadster, and i stand quite often...the bike is easy to steer and ride whilst standing. The footpegs have been moved back and up on the later models which makes it easy to stand. I also have hiway pegs so i can stretch out if i feel i need to. I had a 2013 "Triumph Storm". The feet position were forward on that and while its an awesome bike, my tailbone suffered.
There are a number of different additions you can do yo make the ride "Your own" as it were. Pull the trigger, i'm sure you wont regret it.

The Rocket is a fantastic bike I have an 06 classic with the pegs 4 inches further forward and 1 inch lower than the later model's.

Longest day for me was 11 and 1/2 hours and about 8 of those on the seat.

No problems with a sore rrrs.

@sleeves now he knows about long rides.

Last edited:
Hi, all. I've been riding 52+ years and am thinking of jumping the BMW ship. I will always keep my old ones but the new BMWs have soured me. I'll lurk and ask questions occasionally. One big question is: Is there a kit that relocates the footpegs to under my butt? I just can't handle the gynecological riding position of most cruisers. I am also interested in towing a trailer with it. All info is welcome. Thanks, Robert.
IMG_0197_2.JPG

Hi, welcome from Moscow, Russia. What do you think about BMW K1600GTL? I've been on test-drive, this is fantastic bike, seems to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back