Thinking about a little more power. Exhaust Questions

Here's a link to where you can purchase a Ramair filter direct from the manufacturer. I purchased mine here early last year.
Ramair Filters - TR-111
Use coupon code 10OFF for 10% off your order.
Edit: Oh, Uni Filter, nevermind. Aren't Uni Filters made only to replace the stock filter in the stock location under the seat? :whitstling:

Thanks, Amigo, but I am interested in the Triple Uni. :thumbsup:

Hey Guys! I think I am ready to add a little more power to my 2012 Roadster.

Right now its as bone stock as you can get, but I've always put aftermarket exhausts on all my bikes because I like the sound improvement. I can't find any other exhaust for the Rocket other then the TORS that I like best, it keeps the look of the stock configuration which I prefer.

On a Rocket with just Tors, which air upgrade would be best considering I want to just keep the stock look. I'm looking for the most simple and easy solution.

How much power does a Rocket with Air and Exhaust upgrade make compared to stock? I think my bike runs pretty great as it is but... I Feel like I want a little more oomph. Ever since I rode a Triumph Tiger Explorer 1200 I've been amazed at how good a bike with 160 horses can feel, and the rocket doesn't feel like that right now... Im not looking for 200 or 240 horsepower, but a big improvement over stock that will definitely make me smile.

Thanks for the tips!
My 2014 Roadster now has ramair filter, tors, plus I have added a stainless decat crossover for sound/flow... power commander, unplugged the 02 sensor...the power commander comes with a tune but I am getting a dyno tune done to smooth things out. I noticed a marked improvement in power from adding the ramair but not sure of the tune now so that's why I'm getting the dyno tune.

My 2014 Roadster now has ramair filter, tors, plus I have added a stainless decat crossover for sound/flow... power commander, unplugged the 02 sensor...the power commander comes with a tune but I am getting a dyno tune done to smooth things out. I noticed a marked improvement in power from adding the ramair but not sure of the tune now so that's why I'm getting the dyno tune.
Your stock tune is still restricted at the high end. I suggest using tuneecu to open the secondsries 100%. Also fix the speedo and raise the speed and rev limits before you get it tuned. If you haven't already done so.

I say go for the 3 to 1 exhaust and a full dyno tune youll save a lot of weight the Carpenter exhausts weigh only 10 lbs and you can make 165+hp and 165 TRQ

In the interests of full disclosure, IFT sells the system that he is recommending. I'm sure that he left that part out accidentally.

Ricochet the simple solution is to get a pair of TORs used and then add a Dobeck Performance AFR Plus. Works great for me. I have better HP, TQ and MPG.

I absolutely would LOVE to have a used set of TORS but they just don't seem to exist! If anyone knows where I can get a set that would make a certain Rocket Captain (ME!) Quite happy!

Back