Thinking about a little more power. Exhaust Questions

!@#$ I come up with $173 US.
Looks to me like you are north of Toronto and not too far from Buffalo, NY.
Perhaps someone in or near Buffalo, NY from this forum would be willing to help?
Postage to Buffalo is about $83.00 US.

Holy Crap Sticks. With the exchange rate, thats $240 CAD, or about just under half the price of a brand new set.

Holy Crap Sticks. With the exchange rate, thats $240 CAD, or about just under half the price of a brand new set.

Yes!
For sure NOT COOL!
FYI - They were on my motor for just a season and I was asking $250.
I went to CES, which are MUCH better and gave me 10 more HP than the TORs.

My apologies. I did not know that you were no longer affiliated with Carpenter Racing. When did you leave them?
I did go to Florida for a year but im back in the area now it was Waaaaay too hot down there I didnt like riding in that steambath and the roads SUCK the only time to be there is during the winter SO that means you have to be a Snowbird . I was in Daytona and my choice would be KEY WEST as we had a condo there for years and it was always nice in the winter but too hot during the summer months

I'm in the Buffalo area.
!@#$ I come up with $173 US.
Looks to me like you are north of Toronto and not too far from Buffalo, NY.
Perhaps someone in or near Buffalo, NY from this forum would be willing to help?
Postage to Buffalo is about $83.00 US.

you would get even better if you had a Ramair or unifilters (keeping it all under Bear Claw)than the 2780's as they only just cope with airflow

@ricochet if you don't want go a dyno, get which ever air cleaners you want but "Bigger is Better" and get either the Tors or a set of Staintune mufflers ($$$$) they are a sweet sound and loader I can give you a tune to make which never set up you decide on and if you want to go that little bit further get a PCV + AT and run my "AFR Map" in it

This is more for us new R3 owners...So bear with me veterans!

Only a bit into the thread and I would just leave it STOCK. I was out riding today BONE STOCK and hit the throttle on an empty airstrip at our airport( I know the owner) and HOLY SMOKES..I was Accelerating so fast my peripheral vision started to lose visual reference on the 5000' Runway.

I have the RAMAIR incoming but now I have heard I will lose 27FTLBS of torque by running the Intake stock. So then I dropped another 430(350 w/military discount) on an incoming Dobeck AFR+ to keep the A?F ratio near stoich AFR. BTW a Power Commander 5 and Autotune will cost you 600 dollars minimum. The Dobeck was a less expensive alternative.

Then I heard "thats in vain cause your cat and exhaust are restrictive" NOW WE ARE INTO THE BIG MONEY....2000 for a Zard and 600 easy if you can find the TORS and the Cat Delete is 300 of the 600.

So..Ramair is 150...Dobeck AFR is 430 with shipping and exhaust is 600 min. So we are looking at 1200USD minimum or WAAY more if you go the PCV/AT and CES/Zard etc exhaust.

This bike is UNGODLY fast. The TORQUE is monstrous.

The empirical question is the extra 40 HP worth 1500 to 3000 dollars? Probably not on the butt dyno as this bike runs the Fastest 60's for its size as a cruiser.

If we spend 1500..why not spend 15000?

I made the mistake of what I think many do...Get very excited with their new bike and then throw alot of money you will never recoup. I am not near a Tuner nor Dyno.

I am not say people should not mod their bikes...I am saying are you using all your stock HP/Torque and wanting for more based on rational decision making? Mods per dollar are never recouped if you sell the bike and matter of fact some argue it kills the valuation on Stock R3x

I got irrational and started spending and when I rode the BONE stock R3 today I was astonished at the sheer power and acceleration this bike has. And I have owned a R1, a RC51 and a CBR 929RR..so I know fast.

Just take your time and learn from my mistakes....If it feels good stock..why change it?

Greg, Put the Dobeck on first. Ride it with just that change only. Then put the Ramair filter on. Ride that. Then put the exhaust on. This way you can see for yourself the changes each mod makes.

This is more for us new R3 owners...So bear with me veterans!

Only a bit into the thread and I would just leave it STOCK. I was out riding today BONE STOCK and hit the throttle on an empty airstrip at our airport( I know the owner) and HOLY SMOKES..I was Accelerating so fast my peripheral vision started to lose visual reference on the 5000' Runway.

I have the RAMAIR incoming but now I have heard I will lose 27FTLBS of torque by running the Intake stock. So then I dropped another 430(350 w/military discount) on an incoming Dobeck AFR+ to keep the A?F ratio near stoich AFR. BTW a Power Commander 5 and Autotune will cost you 600 dollars minimum. The Dobeck was a less expensive alternative.

Then I heard "thats in vain cause your cat and exhaust are restrictive" NOW WE ARE INTO THE BIG MONEY....2000 for a Zard and 600 easy if you can find the TORS and the Cat Delete is 300 of the 600.

So..Ramair is 150...Dobeck AFR is 430 with shipping and exhaust is 600 min. So we are looking at 1200USD minimum or WAAY more if you go the PCV/AT and CES/Zard etc exhaust.

This bike is UNGODLY fast. The TORQUE is monstrous.

The empirical question is the extra 40 HP worth 1500 to 3000 dollars? Probably not on the butt dyno as this bike runs the Fastest 60's for its size as a cruiser.

If we spend 1500..why not spend 15000?

I made the mistake of what I think many do...Get very excited with their new bike and then throw alot of money you will never recoup. I am not near a Tuner nor Dyno.

I am not say people should not mod their bikes...I am saying are you using all your stock HP/Torque and wanting for more based on rational decision making? Mods per dollar are never recouped if you sell the bike and matter of fact some argue it kills the valuation on Stock R3x

I got irrational and started spending and when I rode the BONE stock R3 today I was astonished at the sheer power and acceleration this bike has. And I have owned a R1, a RC51 and a CBR 929RR..so I know fast.

Just take your time and learn from my mistakes....If it feels good stock..why change it?

Because they have been choked before leaving the factory to meet strict emission control laws!!..Doing these mods makes the bike "Well"...makes it run how the engineer wanted it run...just sayin....

Greg, Put the Dobeck on first. Ride it with just that change only. Then put the Ramair filter on. Ride that. Then put the exhaust on. This way you can see for yourself the changes each mod makes.

That's a great idea....I will do the RAMAIR and AFR+ at one time just to minimize disassembling the bike.

Thanks for the suggestion Bill! I was just opining before tha
Because they have been choked before leaving the factory to meet strict emission control laws!!..Doing these mods makes the bike "Well"...makes it run how the engineer wanted it run...just sayin....

How fast of a 0 to 60 do the intake and exhausts mods knock off the time....? Just curious.

That's a great idea....I will do the RAMAIR and AFR+ at one time just to minimize disassembling the bike.

Thanks for the suggestion Bill! I was just opining before tha

How fast of a 0 to 60 do the intake and exhausts mods knock off the time....? Just curious.
Hard to say without timing it but the "Seat of the pants" feeling says quite a bit...

Back