They Came From the Cold....

Jamie

Living Legend
... Iceland, as the name implies. A remote European island, terribly close to the North Pole. And they, improbable Icelandic (?) tourists in Switzerland, the whole van load of them (= no more than half a dozen) , wanted to take pics of my green machine parked in front of the Nyon harbor. They politely asked for my permission to do so. And then they wanted to take pics of truly yours in front of same. They asked again for my permission to do so. All genuinely eager and smiling. Their english-speaking spokesman said that they loved ("lafèd") my tattered leathers, my "distressed" Union Jack T-shirt and my bike way too big (" tu piiig") to be actually ridden.

I obliged, of course.

And while taking pics, they missed the next boat departure to the Geneva Lake cruise:cool: .

Last edited:
Link Removed
On my way to Scotland, I had the pleasure of spending a little time in Reykjavik, Iceland in 1965. Wonderful, warm and as you said.......quite polite people. I had met a stewardess in Keflavik working for Icelandic Airlines. I told her she reminded me of a gal I'd known several year before and they looked like twins.

I spent the rest of that summer explaining I didn't mean they were actually twins, only that they looked a lot alike. Whew........she just didn't get it. Thank goodness for liqour and geothermal springs. All that lava didn't do a thing for me!

So what are you saying Jamie,that some Icelanders missed the boat:roll:Glad the green machine is back up.Do the boats still have the paddlewheels or am I dating myself.

Back