Thems the brakes

BigNorm

Boobie Inspector
Ride
2014 Rocket 3 Touring
We talk a lot about how to make our stupid fast bikes go faster but not so much on making it stop. Who makes aftermarket brakes that brake better than stock?

Love and kisses. Yer pal. Norm.

Norm all you need is to upgrade your brake pads to EBC HH Sintered. With these pads you get much more braking power than the stock pads. IF YOU WANT TO and your bike doesn't have ABS you can lock up both the front and rear with these pads. I used them when I did my track day and they are great brake pads. They make stopping so much better.

Let's face it - locking the rear is a cinch even with a CAR TYRE on. I can lock the front on standard pads/discs.

Nice fully floating iron rotors and more surface area should give a fair bit more "feel" though.

I doubt ABS will let you do much.

ISR (Sweden) are good too. So are Harrison Billet in the UK.

I don't know if MQ (Brembo) do kits for an R3 - bit ime they are seriously good. I had a track spec set on my Buell. Cast Iron rotors for me. Yes they can go a bit rusty.

But again - IF YOU HAVE ABS FITTED - The REAL OPTIONS are limited by the ABS's dynamics and the fact you'll need ABS rotor-spiders.

Berringer have a weird dual-disc system too. Oh and I hate wavy discs so there!. :p

Back