The Wreak of the Edmond Fitzgerald

I am from Duluth MN part of the twin ports where the Fitz started from and was a kid when this happened. My brother works on the docks that loaded the Fitz but he was not there at that time. My sister (if I remember this right) was friends with a crew member who stayed back because of his wisdom teeth. As kids we used to go down to the canal and watch these huge ships leave I have always loved the song I still have the vinyl album.

Growing up in MI from 1963-1982 the story of this tragedy was required reading in school. Being from the LP of the state it was always a treat to go up to the locks in Sault St. Marie and watch the big ships like the Edmond Fitzgerald go through. Hopefully one day I can return home to live out the rest of my life, but if not VA isn't that bad.

After being hit by Hurricane Sandy followed shortly by another Northeaster, i hear the media going crazy on global warming. Least we forget the gails of November that came early November 10, 1976 when 29 men lost their lives 36 years ago today aboard the Edmund Fizgerald in Lake Superior.....R.I.P.

The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - YouTube

I wasn't going to comment on this but since Mitch got picky, I will too. The Fitzgerald went down in 1975, not 1976.

Back