The Wreak of the Edmond Fitzgerald

TRIIICK

Living Legend
Ride
05 Rocket III 01 Roadking 08 Busa
After being hit by Hurricane Sandy followed shortly by another Northeaster, i hear the media going crazy on global warming. Least we forget the gails of November that came early November 10, 1976 when 29 men lost their lives 36 years ago today aboard the Edmund Fizgerald in Lake Superior.....R.I.P.

The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - YouTube

Yep still a bit young to remember the event but know of it.
If I had hair on my head it would be standing up as well.
Spent 15 yrs at sea myself and know how unforgiving it can be..
Great and fitting find TRIIICK.
Just gone 1100 here. 11th 11th
Least we forget...

Amazing...like many I have heard the song but never considered it an actual event that occurred during my life. Thanks for posting the link...

After being hit by Hurricane Sandy followed shortly by another Northeaster, i hear the media going crazy on global warming. Least we forget the gails of November that came early November 10, 1976 when 29 men lost their lives 36 years ago today aboard the Edmund Fizgerald in Lake Superior.....R.I.P.

The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - YouTube
I have always loved that song even if it has a sad tale attached

Seen a documentry on it awhile back. I think I remember they came to the conclusion the deck hatches weren't sealed properly and it filled with water in the rough weather. Eventualy the bow went under a big wave and just dived straight to the bottom. They beleived the crew had no idea they were filling with water and disaster was iminent.

Back