The Three Sisters, aka The Twisted Sisters

EasTexRIII

Living Legend
Ride
05 Rocket III
Some interest has been peaking on another post about possibly doing this as a "last minute, unprepared" 3 day weekend (or just weekend) when it cools off maybe in late October (21,22,23rd)
or whatever would work for most. with not much of a notice it will probably not gain a large group, but who knows.
Because of short notice & so much on the plate for those of us that started this conversation, no one so far has been able to take on the reigns of putting this together "officially" but we're hoping to at least get a small group of "every man/woman for themselves" as far as logistics, ect. - Then agree on a place to meet & start riding for the next morning & just play it by ear from that point.
I'm sure quite a few of you have done this ride & could possibly chime in on places to stay/starting points, ect

Here is a quote from R3Tex from the other post & it sounds like a good idea to me:

"Last time the epicenter for the ride was Frio Pecan Farm in Leaky. Great place, great people to deal with and a good time was had by all, not however the cheapest place around. There are a few places in and around Leaky depending on what the group wants to do, but as a general rule with Rocket rides most of the interesting stuff happens when you get back in the evening and the spirits begin to speak around a fire so it's not just about the riding."

There are 6 - 8 so far that have expressed positive interest in doing this..............
Anyone else????? Tejanos? Okies? Cajuns? Arkies? New Mexicans? Any other Yankees (Anyone on the other side of the Red River ;))

- Hopefully it could grow into a bigger, more prepared, organised ride for next year with an earlier start on planning :D

Texas Ranch Roads 335, 336, & 337 - The Three Twisted Sisters route

texas_336&335.jpg

[/Quote][/Quote]

Last edited:
I’m most likely in. Haven't done the sister but want to. I can be flexible on dates.

I like the idea of meeting Saturday early AM, do the sisters and beyond if desired. Stay somewhere Saturday night for dinner, breakfast Sunday and be come home.

Seems like the simpler the better to start. Perhaps an epic adventure in the future.

I'm open, sounds like fun!

I’m most likely in. Haven't done the sister but want to. I can be flexible on dates.

I like the idea of meeting Saturday early AM, do the sisters and beyond if desired. Stay somewhere Saturday night for dinner, breakfast Sunday and be come home.

Seems like the simpler the better to start. Perhaps an epic adventure in the future.

I'm open, sounds like fun!

Awesome! I agree - Simple & short this time around. Especially with the short notice - I have never done it either so I will probably go down the Friday of the weekend we choose, to recon the area

The Sisters are always a nice ride. :)
I'm tapped out of time off this year; but would love to see something come together in '17.

Don't miss the bit of 337 between Leaky & Vanderpool.
TXMotoPhoto was set up in that part of the road in June. I don't know if he moves around or stays in the same place but it's pretty cool to get a "riding" photo.

The Sisters are always a nice ride. :)
I'm tapped out of time off this year; but would love to see something come together in '17.

Don't miss the bit of 337 between Leaky & Vanderpool.
TXMotoPhoto was set up in that part of the road in June. I don't know if he moves around or stays in the same place but it's pretty cool to get a "riding" photo.

Thanks, and hopefully one of us will not forget next year to start planning earlier..... ;)

Put it together and i am in, @R3Tex knows where we stayed last time, that is just fine with me, the pecan farm cabins at Leakey will work

Stolen from his post from 2013:

Frio Pecan Farm - Frio River Lodging, Pecans

I don't know if any one is going to be able to be "the one" to put something together. I don't have time to myself (and probably wouldn't be a good candidate anyway - some one who has done this before would be a better choice) - But as of now, I will for sure go as an every man/woman for them self rider (I'll be 2 up)

Still need to hear some input on the best dates for everyone. As of now Oct 21, 22, 23 is tentative
It's gathering some good steam so far tho.......

Last edited:
Stolen from his post from 2013:

Frio Pecan Farm - Frio River Lodging, Pecans

I don't know if any one is going to be able to be "the one" to put something together. I don't have time to myself (and probably wouldn't be a good candidate anyway - some one who has done this before would be a better choice) - But as of now, I will for sure go as an every man/woman for them self rider (2 up)

Still need to hear some input on the best dates for everyone. As of now Oct 21, 22, 23 is tentative
It's gathering some good steam so far tho.......
Those would be the best dates for me

Back