Joining the TX group.

AndrewK

.060 Over
Ride
2015 Rocket 3 Touring
Thanks to @EasTexRIII for pointing this section of the forum out to me. I'm still trying to find my way around the forums.

I am currently living in the Mid-Cities (DFW) area, and I'm a new R3T owner. I mostly commute with the bike with an occasional ride around town with the wife on the back.

Question for you guys... I've already realized a noticeable amount of engine heat and it's not even TX hot yet. Any tips/tricks, or just stay hydrated?

Thanks to @EasTexRIII for pointing this section of the forum out to me. I'm still trying to find my way around the forums.

I am currently living in the Mid-Cities (DFW) area, and I'm a new R3T owner. I mostly commute with the bike with an occasional ride around town with the wife on the back.

Question for you guys... I've already realized a noticeable amount of engine heat and it's not even TX hot yet. Any tips/tricks, or just stay hydrated?

Staying hydrated always helps. I don't know your setup (stock?) but opening her up with performance exhaust & a richer running tune will cool off the exhaust some

Perhaps one of the garage wizards in the group can design an adjustable wind deflector to vent the right side. I had a set on the Valkyrie. They were ugly but they worked.

020.JPG

I have my exhaust ceramic coated, then wrapped, then heat shield installed back on! So much better!!! Oh but the exhausted is all black so it does not stand out.

Texans are not so bad if they are not from Austin! And Austin could be fun in small doses.

I still have sooo much still learn... I am currently running an all stock setup as I am still trying to break it in. I have read some of the TuneECU stuff and have a lot of questions. I'm going to get the cable and put Tune on my laptop. I hope to find a lot of answers by just searching for them and not being a pain in the ass and asking a bunch of questions.

Back