Anyone interested in doing Three Sisters this year?

40mmrrsmith

Supercharged
Ride
2005 Rocket 3
Just wondering if there was any interest in riding the Sisters this year. When the weather gets cool/cold is time for me to ride. If I don't do the sisters,I think I'll try to make Big Ben this year. Anyone interested?

I'll go. There is this old hotel in the Davies Mountains that was renovated few years back. Nice place in the middle of nowhere. Indian Lodge
Indian-LDG_HDR_1167.jpg INDIAN-LODGE_0090.jpg

Last edited:
I'll go. There is this old hotel in the Davies Mountains that was renovated few years back. Nice place in the middle of nowhere. Indian Lodge

Indian Lodge is closed for a major repair project through June 1, 2018.
Did a quick check and found many of the parks have multiple closure dates all through November December. Lodging is either booked up or $$$$. Part of the reason I love winter riding is/was because the lack of crowds, cheap lodging and the roads all to myself, mostly. Hard to believe Terlingua lodging is mostly booked up in December. Unless you're willing to pay $747 for a three night stay. Pam and I like to just point the front wheel and go but Big Ben will require some research and planning. The Hill Country should be doable. The way the weather has been going it's possible we may not have a Texas winter. Meaning bitter cold wet and icy roads in November December.

/QUOTE]

Thanks 1K9. This looks like a neat place, I'll be checking it out when they reopen. Not to far to Big Bend.

I have so far missed two RAA's and last years three sisters. Every time i get vacation time approved it gets pulled at the last minute due to work load. To hell with it. Indian lodge looks neat. I am in.

Back