THE REBIRTH OF NUMBER 74

Well some ups and some downs. One set of piston rings was not for the Rocket. IMG_1306.JPG Two out of three? Was hoping to get all three and install the crankshaft and balancer today. Life goes on. Did find this interesting. Dowel pins are present. IMG_1302.JPG Replaced them all IMG_1303.JPG They appear to crush as you apply torque to this IMG_1305.JPG Imagine that. Did do some odds and ins today. IMG_1309.JPG New thermostat installed. IMG_1311.JPG New seals IMG_1312.JPG on all three and cleaned up. Off to lowe's in the morning for acetone and alcohol. Forgot something IMG_1308.JPG IMG_1307.JPG All six replaced.
Your rods use the pins to align caps mine uses broken caps. Can only go one way. Did you fit the rings to the cylinder?

It never ends. Another order to hermy's. This time only $364.00 dollars. New piston ordered along with a few items for the Radiator. The area where the oil rings and expander go is nicked a bit and do not feel comfortable using it. Returning the piston ring set that we did not use. Just a hiccup.

Did they cut the cut lip grooves deeper when they replaced them. I have not had to open trans so not sure from your pictures. The back cutting looks real clean, curious if cut lip grooves are deeper

Look what FedEx just dropped off :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: IMG_1313.JPG IMG_1316.JPG IMG_1317.JPG IMG_1314.JPG IMG_1315.JPG Not bad at all. Packed so well that it could have been dropped 50 feet with no damage. The ultimate test will be how well it holds up mileage wise.
Looks good, they used regular circlips? just stronger?

I'm a jerk when it comes to quality and workmanship. By far some of the best work i have ever seen. Flawless. No bolt holes or mating surfaces coated. Oil tank so clean on the inside it is silly. Guy knows his stuff. A true professional. Pipes have never looked so good. Very nice to say the least. PROCOAT OF OKC. Small shop but they truly know and take pride in their work. Unlike the commercial shops such as the ones who own a store or two in different states. Here you shake the owners hand not the CEO's. Ceramic coated to the max IMG_1318.JPG Very clean and the right choice of color for the powder coat. IMG_1319.JPG IMG_1320.JPG IMG_1321.JPG IMG_1322.JPG IMG_1323.JPG IMG_1324.JPG Now this is really sweet. IMG_1325.JPG Wife went and picked all this stuff up today. Kind of asked her to but was not brave enough to ask her straight out. She got the hit and drove 100 miles out and back.

Looking forward to the assembled look !

Howe many miles did you bike had before you started this rebuild? Would you be able to guess the amount of miles left on the bike after taking it apart and seeing the internals?

[edit] lots of old posted are removed but i saw some posting with 68k miles on the bike before the rebuild?

Back