THE REBIRTH OF NUMBER 74

Question to the group. I have barnett clutch pads and steels along with springs installed. Spring Judder installed but when i took it apart no seat judder spring. I am thinking that barnett systems do not require the Seat Judder Spring. I honestly do not remember and can not find any info on this.
I used the Barnett clutch and judder springs, have had no problems, read somewhere that judder's were optional.

Worked on the bike Saturday and got a good day in. Sunday Knee was so bad off called it a day. Well the Creeks came through and gave me a really nice brace. Just picked it up today. Wore it home and Knee feels a lot better. Walking is a freaking pain because it has steel plates in the brace which really limits your movement. Figure here in a bit I will be ready to go back out to the garage and get some more work done. Nothing else to do considering the creek you hit before mainstreet is now over the banks and the bridge. They got emergency crews in boats retrieving people from their homes along the creek. I Hydroplaned over the bridge and bounced off the rail guard but no damage done. Don't think I will try that again. Rain gauge at the house which is accurate says 9 inches of rain. We were already pretty much soaked before this round but now it is ridiculous. Am good decided to pick up some beer while in town so it looks like it is just me and the bike this afternoon. :) :) :) :) :) :)

OK here we go. IMG_1463.JPG IMG_1464.JPG Stacked properly. So why does triumph not recommend a new nut? All they talk about is the washers. Bull****. IMG_1460.JPG Your gonna need a new bolt. Yes you're gonna need this to not only remove but to install properly. IMG_1462.JPG If you think for one minute you're smarter than this good luck on your rebuild. Nothing like doing it twice. Mentions nothing about a washer under the bolt But hermy's does. IMG_1457.JPG IMG_1454.JPG New chain new Nut and old washer. Good to go. IMG_1458.JPG Kind of OCD when it comes to apart and back again together. Asked wife to look up OCD. She very sarcastically said "See SONNY" The service manual is really kind of screwed up. IMG_1452.JPG Got all the wire connections correct. Talking about the loops and hangers for the wires. Really a great day. Ready to install clutch plates. Both fibers and steels.

I always refer to service manual as service guide.
meaning that u can find mistakes and advice thats not so good
the one i liked best was on a volvo it said place transmission in 1st gear and run 60 mph to get warmed up. :laugh: :laugh::laugh:

OK here we go. IMG_1463.JPG IMG_1464.JPG Stacked properly. So why does triumph not recommend a new nut? All they talk about is the washers. Bull****. IMG_1460.JPG Your gonna need a new bolt. Yes you're gonna need this to not only remove but to install properly. IMG_1462.JPG If you think for one minute you're smarter than this good luck on your rebuild. Nothing like doing it twice. Mentions nothing about a washer under the bolt But hermy's does. IMG_1457.JPG IMG_1454.JPG New chain new Nut and old washer. Good to go. IMG_1458.JPG Kind of OCD when it comes to apart and back again together. Asked wife to look up OCD. She very sarcastically said "See SONNY" The service manual is really kind of screwed up. IMG_1452.JPG Got all the wire connections correct. Talking about the loops and hangers for the wires. Really a great day. Ready to install clutch plates. Both fibers and steels.
You forgot to use the Pledge!!!! 😉😉😉😆😆😆

I always refer to service manual as service guide.
meaning that u can find mistakes and advice thats not so good
the one i liked best was on a volvo it said place transmission in 1st gear and run 60 mph to get warmed up. :laugh: :laugh::laugh:
The service manual gives you one way to perform a task but it often isn't the only way and sometimes isn't the best way. I remember when I worked in a GM dealership (we were on 'flat rate' for most warranty work) one of the tradesmen took it upon himself to show a district service manager for GM "another way" to perform a warranty task which cut the time required to perform the job by half. He thought he was so smart until the DSM had the flat rate labour GM paid out, changed for that particular job (we used to get credited 1 hour for a job that took half that). That particular mechanic wasn't very popular for some time....

Back