The stuff looks impressive. If you check any of the auto detailing forums like Autogeek you'll find a bunch of similar products. If you're the type to spend time on the appearance of your bike or car, most decent products will give similar results. Some may result in smaller water beads than others, but all will work fine. And if you're the type that counts on an occasional rain storm to knock off the dust you're not likely to be interested in spending your money on something like this.

I'm partial to Duragloss products. Been around a long time, inexpensive, and give great results. Apply the 105 polish twice a year and the Aquawax spray in between.

We have been using the F11 for a while but I might look into this. We like good looking clean machines. These products do make clean up easier.

So - based on comments from Mr @tribal - I have just ordered a pack (TLC2 and AMP) from the guys in the UK. Being Xmas and all - I suspect it will take a week or two to get here.

Be interesting to see how well it fares on the KTM which is covered with polished plastics rather than paint. The AMP I want for the side windows on the cars But will give it a try on bike screens too. And lid VISOR.

I hope it works better than Rainex for plastic, regular Rainex works great on glass, I tried the stuff made specially for windscreens and helmet visors, as the regular stuff states not recommended for polycarbonate or lexan, doesn't really work at all.

I hope it works better than Rainex for plastic, regular Rainex works great on glass, I tried the stuff made specially for windscreens and helmet visors, as the regular stuff states not recommended for polycarbonate or lexan, doesn't really work at all.
I gave up on Rain-X in the '80's - Simple polish works better AFAIC.
Modern cars btw with things like automatic wipers etc - can cease to operate properly if you do the windscreen with Rain-X etc. Depends on how the rain detection works.

On bike-screens/visors I currently use PLEXUS - a mate who then was restoring aircraft told me about it and it works - though it needs constant replenishing.

A good decade ago I gave one or two Nano-ceramic coatings a try. Some worked but most almost made things worse. For the so-called LOTUS effect to work you need airflow across the surface. Otherwise you get micro-beading on the visor which is like looking through millions of tiny lenses. Dire!. When the beads dry they lever tiny dirt dots. Guess what happens the next time it rains.

Another problem imo is that plastic quickly pits from impacts - once it does it's an anchor for dirt.

I use this for acrylics and such but I’m getting me some tlc for the fast black widow maker, I just hope the wind don’t blow it off :D:cool:

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I gave up on Rain-X in the '80's - Simple polish works better AFAIC.
Modern cars btw with things like automatic wipers etc - can cease to operate properly if you do the windscreen with Rain-X etc. Depends on how the rain detection works.

On bike-screens/visors I currently use PLEXUS - a mate who then was restoring aircraft told me about it and it works - though it needs constant replenishing.

A good decade ago I gave one or two Nano-ceramic coatings a try. Some worked but most almost made things worse. For the so-called LOTUS effect to work you need airflow across the surface. Otherwise you get micro-beading on the visor which is like looking through millions of tiny lenses. Dire!. When the beads dry they lever tiny dirt dots. Guess what happens the next time it rains.

Another problem imo is that plastic quickly pits from impacts - once it does it's an anchor for dirt.
What ?

Back