The Distinguished Gentleman's Ride

Yep, every year the classic and cafe racer club here in Orange does a ride. We get dressed up, get on our oldest or strangest bikes and do a loop of the city then go for coffee.
The organisation has raised a fair bit of money. They take a huge fee out of it but I suspect about the same as any charity ..... but hell .... we get to have some fun.
I usually wear white tie and tails, others tweed hunting style stuff:):) and donate $20 or so.

I do when I can, it’s honestly placed at a terrible time of year for me, our busiest season.

I think I’ll be out this year and on the Rocket even!!

Me the Year before last.
IMG_1391.JPG

This is a truly great event. I've ridden the past three years in Asheville and saw a Rocket there one year (that guy joined this forum, but is apparently MIA). Anyway, I've always taken the '98 Thunderbird Sport, as they do prefer more classic bikes. The Asheville organizers aren't very strict about that, so I may ride the Rocket this time, if my wife decides to come along.

TBS.jpg blakeTBS.jpg

I never gave much consideration to the classics preferred thing, still don’t. I’ll ride the Daytona if that’s my only option lol.

Back