The Distinguished Gentleman's Ride

I do when I can, it’s honestly placed at a terrible time of year for me, our busiest season.

I think I’ll be out this year and on the Rocket even!!

Where is it that we would attend Rob? I'll ride this if my Rocket won't work.

And you look most dapper in the photo. Where was it taken. I'm game.

Leather Saddlebags.JPG

Where is it that we would attend Rob? I'll ride this if my Rocket won't work.

And you look most dapper in the photo. Where was it taken. I'm game.

Leather Saddlebags.JPG
When did you pick up that BMW in 'chrome' that BMW 'never' produced according to some eh? @Tripps ;):D

One of the best things about BMWs, no chrome.

Ahem!

BMW R 1200 C
maxresdefault.jpg

Despite launching the R 1200 C in the James Bond film Tomorrow Never Dies with a radical Vietnamese chase scene that made number five in our top 10 film motorcycle chases, the cruisers bombed.

That's the BMW R1200C, the BMW the rest of the snotball BMW fraternity loves to hate. It's referred to as the James Bond bike, from the movie, with one included in the Guggenheim Art of the Motorcycle exhibit.

Mine is a 1998 and I love it. It took me a long time to come to the realization that it is a most elegant design. While it's my local rider, I'd ride this one around the world with my plan being to ship it to UK next season to tour the British Isles after I get my new knees. It has a windscreen that I removed in the spirit of Scot in Exile wind in the face riding.

I only made a general statement that I liked BMWs because they didn't have chrome, I'm well aware of the 1200c, I almost bought one from the local Harley dealer till I found out it made about 60 hp.

I only made a general statement that I liked BMWs because they didn't have chrome, I'm well aware of the 1200c, I almost bought one from the local Harley dealer till I found out it made about 60 hp.
An ideal 'Gentleman's Ride' ! @Navigator :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I hated them when they came out too, but now I am either just older or a very slight chance I have become a bit 'gentrified'. :eek:

Yeah I knew that from the thread, but always fun 'poking the bear':p;):D

Back