The Devil's Triangle

Journeyman

"And this one is just right" ~ Goldilocks
Ride
2020 3R

Good article, but it doesn't do full justice to the complexities and pucker factor of this ride. This quote comes the closest... "I notice erosion encroaching on the white line on the edge of the pavement. One small mistake here and a rider will find themselves tumbling down a steep mountainside. I poach closer to the centerline, knowing that has its dangers as well."

For example, you are running hard through some undulating twisties..... you come up over a very short rise and see the road going off to the right a very short distance ahead and you plan for the turn, but as you crest that hill you realize it actually goes left and then hard to the right- all in an amazingly short span. If you run it hard you will not let your mind wander for a second. Forget The Dragon. Love this ride!

Short clip of the ride on the Roadster, recorded a while back when it was wet in spots (doesn't do it justice either)....

Last edited:
I think you only revved it out one time.:sneaky::sneaky: Actually that road is to tight to wind a Rocket out. We live 40 miles from that road and it is one of our most favorites of the whole area.

Back