The beast passes the safety course!

ah

dont want to sound like the grime appear but where are you based ex british army type here word of warning if you are based here or will be make shore you have the proper insurance its all technical but basically all military bases in the uk weather maned by uk American or German troops the land still belongs to the crown ie the queen and through her the government , now here's the punch 1 because it is crown property it is privet land you are not insured on a standard policy you have to take out a separate clause to your policy so if your bike is damaged or written off in any way you still have insurance so you can claim , believe me i had a car crushed by an apc and i could not claim because i was not insured . it is amazing how insurance companies will find a way not to pay out so as they say make sure your covered properly but otherwise enjoy your bike and have fun but be safe :D:D

Washington State, USA

Based in Washington State, USA, and have all the Insurance I need and then some...But thanks for the advice...

believe me i had a car crushed by an apc and i could not claim because i was not insured . it is amazing how insurance companies will find a way not to pay out

Wow Weebs, that sucks!

Great going, Mitch! I took the MSF Course last spring with my gal friend, Lisa, and my oldest son so I could get in on the 10 percent insurance discount. Took the R3 out on the course afterwards and could do the figure eight in the big box pretty easily. Couldn't quite keep her in the little box.

Who needs a little box when you have something big to go in it, anyway??? :p

yep and they are still at it

for a job iam a class one hgv heavy goods vehicle artics to you semi 16 wheelers ect if i do not take out an extra claus on my insurance i can not park my car or bike sore point, when i get one because they the insurance deem it an unsafe environment ie trucks and fork lifts moving about might hit them . do they tell you this when you take out the insurance no they dont, even when you tell them what you do , they let you make a claim then tell you your not coverd when you tell them that it does not say that , they say that because off all the exempt attachment to the contract would take another twenty pages to list all of the exemptions they only put the top ten down , mm and some how iam and other hgv drivers are not in the top ten , oh and let us not forget the catch 22 scenario , you are on privet land and not on the queens high way so you are not covered any way , but i have it sorted out i now pay an extra cover fee of five pounds that has gone down from twenty when i first took it out ..... have not claimed on it yet thats why :cool:

Mitch, congratulations on passing in such great fashion!

Wilbur-t, don't fret too much on the small box. I'm a rider coach here in California. We only use the small (20 feet wide) box for the bikes authorized by the MSF. All privately owned MCs use the big box.

If I have an afternoon class, and after all the students are gone, I usually do about 5 laps of exercise 10, thats 10 boxes. On my old SE Road King, I could get inside the small box after a lap. The best I've done on the R3 is front tire just outside the solid line about 2 inches. I think it's a combination of wheelbase and how far the forks turn, but that's an uneducated guess.

I have way more fun in the 135 degree corner (Exercise 13) on a Kawasaki Eliminator or a Honda Nighthawk, because you can really toss them around and they are very forgiving.

I have as partner who occasionally drags the pegs on the Eliminator all the way through the turn. BIG WIDE STUDENT EYES!!!!!

Ride Safe

Steve

Last edited:
Hey Mitch,

I am a Coach for MSF in Michigan and use my Rocket to ride the demos for the Basic Riders Course as well as the Expereinced Riders Course, it is an AWESOME bike.

Freak

for a job iam a class one hgv heavy goods vehicle artics to you semi 16 wheelers ect if i do not take out an extra claus on my insurance i can not park my car or bike sore point, when i get one because they the insurance deem it an unsafe environment ie trucks and fork lifts moving about might hit them . do they tell you this when you take out the insurance no they dont, even when you tell them what you do , they let you make a claim then tell you your not coverd when you tell them that it does not say that , they say that because off all the exempt attachment to the contract would take another twenty pages to list all of the exemptions they only put the top ten down , mm and some how iam and other hgv drivers are not in the top ten , oh and let us not forget the catch 22 scenario , you are on privet land and not on the queens high way so you are not covered any way , but i have it sorted out i now pay an extra cover fee of five pounds that has gone down from twenty when i first took it out ..... have not claimed on it yet thats why :cool:

16 wheeler...that's a wienie truck. Try 42 wheels on 11 axles and a GVW of 163,000 pounds and a GCW of 105,000 pounds on the deck. That's truck'in.

na

very interesting but you would never get a thing that size around some of our roads ie Cornwall and wales and some parts of Scotland too and the bridges would never take the weight like some of them were up before Columbus sailed out of Spain some were even put up by the Romans got a lot to answer for those bloody Romans :D:D:D

Weebs as we all know if it can't be done Flip managed to do it. Thanks Mitchcpc, see the doc in 2 days to see if I can start to learn how to walk again. I dropped the beast on the practice run on that little S turn, but it didn't count. For PF and XhdR3rider there is a way to go on the inside of the box which requires, the Motorman's technique in,"Riding like a Pro" where slipping the clutch while using the rear brake to keep you upright worked for me on 2 occasions out of 20 tries.Wonder how a darksider would do it?:eek:

Back