The age of the " rocketeers"

Recently a thread has been going on average age of rocket owners. While I figured I would be in the bottom end of the scale I didn't know it would be so one sided. Even some of the guys I'm friends with riding sofas on wheels have told me it's an " old mans bike" lol givem a break their on Harleys🤭 I don't get it its 2300ccs of madness sexy and comfortable enough to wait 30 min for ur dumb *** friends on the HDs to catch up. So..... here's the question, why is it why do all of you young rocketeers believe this machine isn't more popular with the quote un quote younger demographic. I'd love to hear your opinion s
active-old-man-flying-rocket-starry-sky-vector-101042622.jpg
I have a Roadster, Harley Road king and a Hayabusa too. I have just turned 68 years old. Been on bikes since i was 15 years old and had most of the old school English bikes (oil leaks as well) and just like the bulk of the R3. I cannot give it up. It is in my blood. The differance in rides is fantastic.

Because the younger generation are (in general) a bunch of wusses and can't handle it.
Motorcycles are too expensive these days. Cars are cheaper. That is a reason the young are going away from bikes. Also they want the warmth of a car. When i started on motorcycles at 15 years old we bought them as we could not afford cars. Now they have become overpriced with ridiculas prices and too much electronics fitted to them. The best electronics added is electronic ignition instead of points and condenser. We do not need all the rest. (in my opinion anyway) We got on ok 50 years ago and will do now. I like to be able to fix my motorcycle myself. The fuel injection failing and repair cost somewhat worries me.
I wo'nt start on electric bikes with their silent running and stupid ranges. I will not be getting one unless maybe it is forced on me if i cannot get petrol anymore. (maybe). If the price comes down but the engine sound and smells are what it's all about.
Rant over!!!!
i could go on more but i will try not to put up a boring post..............

First generation R3 sleepers changed people's perspective of the old man's bike that's what I like about the deceptive old school look😎 then came the restyling of the new R3 a good pitch for triumph which could have been better suited to being touted an R4 as its a first generation model itself🤔 and would be better compared to up and comming models in its own class, don't get met wrong the new Rockets are a outstanding piece of kit but the only thing R3 it screams for me is the twin headlights and triple headers, as there were no big Rockets about when we were snappers it was dirt bikes motards then superbikes till it became to painful to ride for distance I came across a rocket and thought what the hell no ones looking lol give us a go and got my eye wiped and never looked back

First generation R3 sleepers changed people's perspective of the old man's bike that's what I like about the deceptive old school look😎 then came the restyling of the new R3 a good pitch for triumph which could have been better suited to being touted an R4 as its a first generation model itself🤔 and would be better compared to up and comming models in its own class, don't get met wrong the new Rockets are a outstanding piece of kit but the only thing R3 it screams for me is the twin headlights and triple headers, as there were no big Rockets about when we were snappers it was dirt bikes motards then superbikes till it became to painful to ride for distance I came across a rocket and thought what the hell no ones looking lol give us a go and got my eye wiped and never looked back
Biggest bike when started riding would have been a 650 triumph.

After stopping riding for xx years, the question was which bike would be the one convincing me to start riding again. Many models of the market have been attracting me but very, very few would enough to make me order one.

Back in 2015, I've decided to go for a "new" brand (I liked its "challenge") : Indian and I acquired a Roadmaster.
Then after a few years, the RM was no longer corresponding to my use and envy but this experience influenced me to get something to ride stronger, harder, "more efficiently" and which would provide lots of sensations. Then same questioning : several bikes attracting me but did not feel for any of them enough to make me sign for it...Till this miracle 🎇 : the new R3 !

Miracle since the new R3 represented also the image of a rebel vs all the security and green evolution restrictions but the image was not all obviously : I liked the look especially when I saw it in real, and when I tested one, it definitively matched my expectations and well well well above : choice of riding strong, hard, "more efficiently" and with UNIMAGINABLE SENSATIONS !

Then relation with the age ? Probably being more conscious with the years that such a bike is rather unique in the history, thus an opportunity not to let go (current evolution over here with the future Euro 7 will kill the thermic engines) and the fact of being more and more conscious that there are no plenty years left in front of me to allow me to keep on riding...especially such a BEAST 🎆

My experience is that I simply wasn't mature enough for the rocket. I needed experience of "smaller" 600cc then 1000 cc superbikes to get rid of the need for speed and quite frankly I wanted to show off a little.
Then I got older, supersports started to be less and less comfortable. I decided I value comfort more than anything. Then I discovered R3 and believe there is not much more to move from here. Perfect package of comfort, speed, acceleration and look 👍

I rode VERY occasional but never owned a bike or had a license unto 2008, when my wife bought me my "Empty Nest Present" (Triumph America). Triumph intrigued me because I didn't want a copy of what everyone else seem to have... I like to be different. I eventually upgraded to the Thunderbird for better two-up riding but my wife had an eye on the Rocket... but I wasn't ready. Initially the looks didn't thrill me and I was intimated but the size and power. Over time, my wife convinced me to take a test ride. The stars had to align as only the manager could allow test rides on the R3T and though she'd been sitting there for awhile, she only 8 miles on her. He handed me the keys and asked that, if I wasn't truly serious, not to take her too far. After a short hop to the freeway and two miles down to the next exit... I was hooked. When I got back to the dealer my wife was like "Now don't say you liked it just for me..." She couldn't see my new Perma-Grin through the full face helmet. Needless to say, Fiona, who's one sexy beast, came home with us as a permanent part of the family... :cool:
-MIG

Back